Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

what is it?

Diver

Corvette
1981 Black on Black, 2006 Victory Red Coupe
what is the red electrical thigamagig that sits to the rear of the carb on passenger side. it must be some kind of sensor. anyway, mine ticks intermittently. is it suppose to at all. if not i guess i had better replace it. but don't know what it is. any help. thanks.

terry

it sounds like it might be the vacuum sensor.

bill:w

I'm pretty sure you are talking about the EGR and TCC solenoids. I disabled My EGR the day after I got the car, so I'm not sure about this, but I would not be surprised if it made sound when it turned the EGR on and off, so it may be working normally. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it if the car is running okay. I have heard that you can tell if the TCC (Torque converter clutch) is working by cruising at highway speed and slightly depressing the brake pedal. This should unlock the clutch and cause the RPMs to rise slightly. But even if the TCC is not working, I wouldn't assume it is the solenoid without more diagnostics. Hope this helps, Cris

thanks fellas. i am pretty sure it's not the tcc solenoid as i have replaced that. it's under the driver's side of tranny. i believe it may be either vaccum or egr. i will be going out this week end to a cruise. maybe another 81 will be there that i have seen before and listen to his. will keep you posted if i find out anything definite.
terry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom