Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is stock anyway?

P

page62

I just bought my first Vette (see my signature). The interior is 100% stock,down to the radio with half-working LEDs. And he even bought a replacement owner's manual. Exterior is pretty stock-looking, too.

But lift the engine cover and you see a fair amount of chrome -- dipstick, valve covers, air cleaner, etc. There's an ancient alarm system (with siren!) in there, too. Plus, the cats must have fallen off the car a few miles back...

What was the previous owner trying to achieve? Inside, it looks like Bloomington Gold. Under the cover is operationally stock, except for the chrome etc.

If I took this car and showed it in "Survivor Class," would I get laughed at or what?

Sounds like the previous owner was just personalizing his car. If you want to go the NCRS/Bloomington route you will need to get rid of the chrome.

tom...

Nah, too late now. Just installed some heater hose shutoff valves -- my first mod!

So I'm going to do some personalizing! It's a plain, white '79 for crying out loud...the most common C3 ever made.

Page62;

First off...Congrats on the purchase of your 1st Vette. Sounds like the previous owner just bought an engine dress up kit and installed it on the car to add a little "sparkle" under the hood when lifted.

Have fun driving her down there in Texas! I'm a bit envious about that, as I figure you get much more driving time/opportunities than I do here in the Great Northwest; rain & snow this winter :eek:(

Steve

'72 LT-1 Roadster

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom