Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is the best way to clean the wheel wells?

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary Convertible
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before or not, but, what is the best way to clean the wheel wells on the hood? I have tried the soap and water route, but that really only cleans the easy stuff. And, being new to Corvette ownership I don't want to inadvertently ruin something.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. :confused

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

I use one of those plastic mesh scrubbers that my wife uses on pots and pans (no not the same one) with Simple Green to get the really grubby stuff like tar, oil, blacktop pieces, or anything else that doesn't come off with soap and water. Good luck.
Paul

I just cleaned mine. Used simple greene mixed with water. Then I used meguires vinyl protector. I'm new to it too, so wait around for some more advice. Came out well don't think I damaged anything.

mfi said:
I just cleaned mine. Used simple greene mixed with water. Then I used meguires vinyl protector. I'm new to it too, so wait around for some more advice. Came out well don't think I damaged anything.

mfi has the right idea. Using the vinyl protector will help keep the build up of junk to a minimum.
Paul

Paul T said:
mfi has the right idea. Using the vinyl protector will help keep the build up of junk to a minimum.
Paul

Also did a lot of the engine compartment this way too. All the hoses, and anything else I could get to. Just never get any water on that distributor. Clean it by hand. Wiping everything down with the vinyl protector really shinrd everything up and helps the rubber and plastic parts. Don't use armor all, mequires is the best I found, smell good too.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom