Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What oil filter do you use in your C5?

oil filters

rookie, 1st vette can you swithch to mobil1 on a car with 49k miles that has used regular oil previously?

flander said:
rookie, 1st vette can you swithch to mobil1 on a car with 49k miles that has used regular oil previously?
If you are not having any problems with the engine it would probably be better to just keep using what you have been using at 49k miles:beer

Mobil 1 ... 5w30w ... AC Delco Filter Gold/Yellow ... ever since and currently @ 46K miles. Oil replaced always at 35% on DIC.

:D takes a licking and keeps on ticking ... :D :w

When the oil life monitor says change oil soon i change it. Why change any earlier?????? Im doing what chevy recommends and thats what the book says. I use the Mobil 1 filter also.

A dealer pal of mine, Tom Henry Chevrolet, found me a stock of NOS UPF44s which I bought. I've got enough of that excellent oil filter to last several years.

Strictly AMSOIL products for me. But, hey, I think it comes down to personal preference anyway...

Just changed mine for the 1ST time myself. Used Mobil 1 oil (of course) and K&N Gold filter. They're worth every penny in my opinion...micron filtration, + outstanding pressure withstanding capability! Just my 2cents!

Steve

I switched to fram cause its all they had and the test showed good results. No problems and i saved like 6 bucks!!

Fram filter, Mobile 1 oil every 3000mi/5000km. I believe that changing oil often is the best and cheapest, in the long run, regular maintenance.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom