Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Oil Filter Do you use?

Will get out there and change the oil in the C5 and the Astro Van tomorrow.
(how many beers does that take, again?) hahahah just kidding

one more question - Is Mobil 1 oil pretty much the same price all across town?
(i know wal mart puts the large bottles on sale from time to time)
but of course they don't put that info on the web site and I can't find any oil listed on Auto Zone.

Rain

Delco UPF44 Gold. I change motor oil every 5,000 miles the same time I change my supercharger oil.

Where's a good source for the UPF44 UltraGuard Gold filter? I checked with our shop's AC Delco supplier and they do not show them in any of their regional warehouses.

We got in a supply of AC Delco filters today and I noticed that about half of them had a sticker on the back panel that says "Made in China" :ugh WTF is this??

Now I know that there are really only 3 big manufacturing companies that make filters for most all of the brands, but I hope that AC Delco is not going to outsource all of their oil filter production to China.

Don't know if Delco makes them anymore. I bought a case of them as soon as I got the car, back in 2002. I know at one point they discontinued production and there was an uproar from C5 owners. I understand they started making them again but this was not confirmed.

Jacob

Just did mine today

picked up the K&N at Advanced Auto Parts.
Got the Mobil 1 at WalMart.
Only hard part was getting up under my car.. think I need to dig a ditch in my yard and just use THAT next time
hahaha

Jacob said:
I know at one point they discontinued production and there was an uproar from C5 owners. I understand they started making them again but this was not confirmed.

Jacob

I think I remember that - there was rioting in the streets. C5 guys all over the country were being arrested for civil disobedience.

Remo:cool

Remo said:
I think I remember that - there was rioting in the streets. C5 guys all over the country were being arrested for civil disobedience.

:L
You've just got to love the sound of sarcasm in the morning.

-Patrick

I decided to go with AC delco PF46 I'm changing my oil at 56% with about 5000 miles on it.

I use Mobil 1 or K&N. :upthumbs

C:wRVETTE

I use the K & N on my 77 and 04.

OMG!!!!!

Down, Remo! Down! We are not reviving this attempt of yours to stir the membership up during one of your winter-affected periods.

Folks- this thread was Remo's idea of a joke! It's time we put this thread in a balloon, and let it go...

-Patrick

AC Delco PF46 . Kind of figure the GM Engineers know more than I do about it. . . . . . Mobile 1 Syntheic 5W30 as well.

Bill :beer

AC Delco PF46 . Kind of figure the GM Engineers know more than I do about it. . . . . . Mobile 1 Syntheic 5W30 as well.

Bill :beer

The PF46....you don't say? Thanks Bill...very helpful.;LOL
spring07.JPG

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom