Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What would you have named it?

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
So now that the official name of this 2009 super Corvette is "ZR1", what would you have named it?

Erik's. :D

Seriously, ZL-1 or L-88 would have worked for something this thorougly infused with pure, unadulterated awesome.

This car would make even Chuck Norris' knees weak.

Erik's. :D

Seriously, ZL-1 or L-88 would have worked for something this thorougly infused with pure, unadulterated awesome.

This car would make even Chuck Norris' knees weak.

ZL-1 and L-88 were engine RPOs.

ZR-1 has been both an engine RPO (MY71) and a specific model (MY90-95).

As the 3rd Gen ZR-1 will be the highest performance Corvette ever, the use of the ZR-1 nameplate seems appropriate to me.

Rob, I have this funny feeling that the ZR-1 name seems like an afterthought. Like the light bulb went up over someones head suddenly. Hey, what if................... We expected Blue Devil, SS, or something fresh for the name. It's great that they brought back the ZR-1 moniker using a 620hp blown LS3, but I keep having this dajavu that the new king of the hill will be knocked off in the near future by another expensive blown 700hp Vette, maybe even called ZO6.;shrug I'm really not interested in going there again. I could be flat out wrong, but it all seems like a way for GM to pick the pockets of loyal Vette owners, leaving me at least with the feeling that it sounds all too farmiliar. I want to say that they would never pull that crap on us, but I just don't know now after the C6ZO6 over MSRP deal.

Name's Fine

Zora's Racecar sounds fine to me.:beer

Now let's spin the Nordschleife wheel! My estimate: 7min, 34 sec.

What does everyone here estimate?

Cheers and happy holidays to everyone on this GREAT SITE!!!! :w

So now that the official name of this 2009 super Corvette is "ZR1", what would you have named it?
Rob's New Car;LOL Now this Vette should become Zora's Son or simply "King"

I like the idea of Zora. Ferrari named their most fastest, expensive, exclusive car after the founder of the company. Enzo.

Zora Arkus-Duntov saved the Corvette so I think it only fitting that it should have been named after him.

I like the idea of Zora. Ferrari named their most fastest, expensive, exclusive car after the founder of the company. Enzo.

Zora Arkus-Duntov saved the Corvette so I think it only fitting that it should have been named after him.
I hope that the C7 ZR1 (if there is going to be one) will be named: " Chevrolet Corvette Zora" or "Chevrolet Zora Corvette". The badge would have Zora's signature and the number of production.

Big Bucks would be a good name for it. :rotfl

I like ZR1. IMO, I think a name like Blue Devil limits the color. I would think you could only make them blue. SS has been used by other cars in the GM lineup, so it isn't just a Corvette moniker. I like the name Zora for the Corvette (my GSD's name is Zora Racer One), but I don't see GM honoring just one person for the Corvette, even if they should.

Jim

Well, since you mentioned it, Rob, it brings me to a pet peeve I've carried for a long time about these naming schemes.

To an old-timer like me, the LS-7 is forever a 454 BBC. Just like the L-88 will always be a 427 BBC.

With all the letters in the alphabet to choose from (not to mention all the numbers to infinity) ;) I don't see why they couldn't find a new one for this latest super car.

Reserve ZR-1 for the original C4; skip ZR-2 since that was used for the S10 pickup truck ;LOL and go with ZR-3.

6p8osa9.jpg

But seriously, when establishing a milestone car like the ZR-1 (C4) they should have reserved the ZR prefix for future iterations of extreme Corvettes and just upped the number......... ZR-1, ZR-2, ZR-3, etc.

Should have been Stingray again:D

I would liked to see tiger shark.:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)Billy

How about "Viper KILLER".. now that's a name with some stuff behind it. It can't be PONIKLR, cause that is going on my next license plate. sorry GM ..

ZR1

Should have been Stingray again:D
How about naming it the SCARAB, I saw this Lance Revenlow model at the meadowdale MOnza wall and all race track in the late 50's nothing could touch it. Except the second one on the track,
AWSsome

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom