Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What's the rarest, strangest, most unique car you know of?

Brangeta

Chris's Fornasari topic inspired me to make this topic.

One rule. It either has to be beautiful or bizarre.

My 3 contributions are the Duopower Afghan
Duopower-Afghan-1.jpg

Duopower-Afghan-2.jpg

Duopower Gila
Duopower-Gila.jpg

and Duopower Pandora
Duopower-Pandora.jpg

I wish I had some info about these beauties, but unfortunately I don't.

...tying the thread back to Callaways~

I think of the B2K's and their potential for appreciation when I see these machines :cool

The "Ultimate" ultimate driving machine! A true BMW legendary race car, only 434 of these cars were manufactured with fewer than 100 remaining. Produced from 1979-81, the M1 was the outgrowth of the BMW Turbo. BMW desired re-entry into Group 4 and Group 5 racing which required a production car with a manufacturing quantity of at least 200. Enter the M1, BMW's ticket to recapture racing leadership away from Porsche, which they successfully accomplished.

Although some M1s were built with special Kevlar bodies, most have a fiberglass body designed in Italy by Design Ital, producers of other exotic car bodies such as the Lamborghini. The engine is a 3.5 liter dry sump with separate oil tank and pump. Although introduced for racing, the M1 is a true "driver's show car" and is a beautiful, comfortable and easy-handling road machine.

A past participant at the Dallas Grand Prix, this 1979 M1 (#094) has a one-of-a-kind paint job, charcoal gray fading to silver in the rear.

bmwm1.jpg

...more -

bmw%20m1%20procar_resizeduzy.jpg

1146690245.jpg

M1 by Andy Worhol :cool

_Bmw-Art-Car-1979-M1-Warhol-1.jpg

1979-Bmw-M1-Art-Car-by-Andy-Warhol-4-lg.jpg

5040902.001.1M.jpg

In November I saw a Daytona Yellow 1969 Corvette with GREEN INTERIOR at an auction and it appeared to original.

Barfo.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom