Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wheel weight difference

lov-n-life

Corvette
2004 Commemorative Coupe
Posted this in the C5 room, but thought you guys might be the experts.

Anyone know off hand what the bare wheel weight (no tires, with pressure sensors) difference is between stock polished Z06 wheels (such as on the '04 Z16) and stock polished 5 spoke wheels? Along the same line, I'm looking at buying some Z06 styled wheels from this place:
http://www.tomzwheels.com/O.%20E.%20ConceptsCorvette.htm
Anyone have experience with them? Thanks.

lov-n-life said:
Along the same line, I'm looking at buying some Z06 styled wheels from this place: http://www.tomzwheels.com/O.%20E.%20ConceptsCorvette.htm
Anyone have experience with them? Thanks.

What a nice price!!

Now, where to get the money.... I've been thinking about knocking down that liquor store over on... nahhh- to risky.... could sell my belongings- not enough stuf...

The stock ZO6 rims are extremely lightweight magnesium, the ZO6 styled rims are steel and weigh a ton compared to the stockers. I have both, and when I took the stock ones off, I was amaized at the weight difference compared to the heavy chrome ZO6 styled. They look great so It didn't bother me that much. The overall weight difference may be around 40lbs. as a guesstimate.

TODD L GRIFFITH said:
The stock ZO6 rims are extremely lightweight magnesium, the ZO6 styled rims are steel and weigh a ton compared to the stockers. I have both, and when I took the stock ones off, I was amaized at the weight difference compared to the heavy chrome ZO6 styled. They look great so It didn't bother me that much. The overall weight difference may be around 40lbs. as a guesstimate.

Hi Todd -

The stock z06 rims are either forged (2001) or cast (2002+) aluminum.

The stock forged wheels are about 6 lbs heavier than the stock cast wheels.

My aftermarket Z06 chromies were about 5 lbs heavier per wheel....

best regards -

mqqn

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom