Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where can I find, How do I retrieve the Text from my Auto Saved Post.

RedHot85Vette

Corvette
1995 Red Corvette (C4, L98)
Good Day! I hope you're enjoying a pleasant weekend. I notice that as I'm writing a post that the post gets Auto Saved. How does one find/retrieve the Auto Saved text from the post?

John

PS. I did search the FAQ and entire forum with no luck.

John, that is a great question! :thumb Unfortunately, I can't answer that. :L I'm thinking that Rob might be the only one who can. Maybe he'll see this and give you an answer.

Omgwow! That photo is awesome!!!

John, that is a great question! :thumb Unfortunately, I can't answer that. :L I'm thinking that Rob might be the only one who can. Maybe he'll see this and give you an answer.

Ok! That's Cool! Thanks!

But what about that photo. It's Amazing! I'm a USCG Vet. I'm big about flying the Flag. When I was growing up in Brooklyn during the 60s & 70s, and going to grammar school, every class room had a picture of George Washington on the wall, and a Flag in the corner, for in the morning when I would put my hand over my heart and say the Pledge of Allegiance. That's All I gotta' say.

Jeeze! That Plane is Neat as... uhh... something really Neat! How'd you mock up that photo shoot?! But that Corvette is Hot! That color combination is fantastic. Probably not many of them like that. I don't have to ask, because I'm pretty damn sure it hauls ass. Chevy ain't selling Sports Cars, they're selling Race Cars, to the general public, and a car that Mom can use to go to the store, or drive over to the nearest track and take it for a spin at 200 mph.

I wasn't sure what Cashmere / Black looked like so I went to eBay, first car I looked at...

Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Loaded 3Lt Package | eBay
I'm going to buy it the minute my disability check arrives...

John :pat

PS. As I'm writing all of the above, that little yellow cloud pops up in the lower right of the screen that says "Auto Saved".

Gee, thanks for the compliments on my car. As for the photo shoot...our local community has, what they call, "Run, Drive and Fly" which includes a walk/run 5k, a car show (really a cruise in) and a fly in. It's held at the local airport. These pictures were taken last year and this is one of the planes that flew in for the show. At one point, I asked if I could get some pictures of the plane with my car and he said "Sure, no problem." I took advantage of the opportunity. Some of my favorite shots of my car. As far as the color combo, it was the exact combo I was searching for when I decided to move to the C6. Found several, but this one was within 5 hours of me and the PO (previous owner) had made some tasteful changes, that I probably would have done anyway. And as far as how it runs, it goes faster than I care to drive it. :D I can't imagine having 500+ hp at my foot. 400 is plenty (not that I would turn down more :L ).

The auto saved text is saved in the database, but can't manually be retrieved.

The auto saved text is saved in the database, but can't manually be retrieved.

And there is the answer! Thanks Rob.

Help with auto saving and retrieving text

I am now using "Revealer Keylogger Free" (you can Google it for the download site). The program runs in the background and saves ALL your keystrokes. Another great program for saving your hard work on the fly is "ClipX". It's a clipboard database that saves all your copies, cuts, etc... even bitmaps, photos, like in your text or signature, or whatever... runs in the systray, just click on it to retrieve anything you selected and cut, or copied, etc... periodically, you can 'copy' your work as you go along, and then if it gets wrecked, you can easily retrieve it from ClipX, lickety-split. Hope this helps someone. It really sux to lose tons of typing, hours of work, have it disappear, unretrievable, ughhh!

Cheers!

Johnny

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom