Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where does Callaway get their leather from?

Hello, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Johann Merkhofer and I own a business named Coachtrim. A friend Emailed me a link to this Forum and wrote that it might interest me. It seems like you have a very active and helpful Forum, very nice. My shop fabricated all the Speedster interiors except the first Speedster which was done in Germany. We also fabricated several other Speedster like interiors in various Corvettes and Camaros back in the 90’s.
Connolly leather was used in many interiors but not exclusively. We also used an American leather supplier (also out of business) for some of the wilder colors. Connolly did not have many bright color choices available and they were very slow with custom colors. These days we use leather from www.edelmanleather.com and www.spinneybeck.com for our high end customs. For restorations that originally had Connolly leather interiors, there is “Connolly” available, sort of. A relative of the original Connolly brothers has set up shop to produce leather. Since he has inside info on color formulas, tanning, finishing, etc he has the ability to produce original type hides. They just cannot use the name Connolly. I do not have any info on current Callaway leather as we are not involved in the C16 project.
Merry Christmas
[URL="http://www.coachtrim.net"]www.coachtrim.net[/URL]

Johann, Welcome to the Callaway Forum & thank you for the compliments about it :cool

I have seen your fine work and am always impressed by its quality :cool

Here are some links from the "Callaway of the Month Archives":

Callaway CR1

Callaway LM Street

and many more here: Callaway of the Month Archive link
Again, welcome :beer Chris

Hello Johann,

Welcome on this forum. As you can see all of us are trying to puzzle things together as good as we can. After spending about an hour on your website I'm convinced you and your company urned your credits as your are active in the top of the market! Always great to see somebody like you is willing to take the time to visit this forum. Enjoy your stay here :)

PS. Also nice to hear this forum is drawing more and more attention :)

Groeten Peter.

Thank you for your warm welcome and kind words. I will stop back often. If I can be of any help don't hesitate to Email me.
Johann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom