Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where's the dang amp relay located?!

vee93

Corvette
1993 Medium Quasar Blue Metallic Coupe
Vette buds!
Help me out on this doofus question. WHERE is the amp relay located for the rear speakers? Although I have replacement speakers and amps, before I install them, I want to change out the old amp relay. Then it dawned on me--I don't know where it is!!! :crazy :L

I recently spent a day and a half switching out my Bose cassette unit for the Bose cassette/CD combo, cranked up the sound and *POP*. It's intermittent, but there.
Thanks for the feedback!! :w

Vette buds!
Help me out on this doofus question. WHERE is the amp relay located for the rear speakers? Although I have replacement speakers and amps, before I install them, I want to change out the old amp relay. Then it dawned on me--I don't know where it is!!! :crazy :L

I recently spent a day and a half switching out my Bose cassette unit for the Bose cassette/CD combo, cranked up the sound and *POP*. It's intermittent, but there.
Try this link....click on corvette...if no luck call there 800 # ...I have used these guys for my LT4 in the past and they seem to know there stuff!!

http://www.carstereohelp.com/

Vette buds!

614441.jpg

Thanks Stinger II, but I'm not paying just to find out where this thing is so I can unplug it!

The amp relay is pictured above. It's the same relay used for the horn, fuel pump, rear window defogger and a coupla other things. Come on Vette buds..., some of y'all with those service manuals--help me out here. Thanky. :w

On my 92, there was only 1 amp relay. The relay provides power to all of the speaker amps.

The location of the relay is under the instrument panel on the lower right side as you sit in the driver's seat. Remove the driver's side hush panel ( the one under the dash) and look up at the lower right corner of the curved part of the I/P (above the ALDL). There should be 2 relays side by side. The right-most one is the fuel pump relay #2 and the one to the left is the amp relay.

GM and BOSE probably changed the relay types at some point as the relay for the Bose system in my 87 has a unique part number and does not look like any other relay terminal layout in the car (and you don't want to know what had to be done to replace it :ugh )

When you state the the amp relay is the same as the others, have you checked the GM part numbers to be sure? Sometimes relays will look the same in terms of size and terminal pin layout , but their current carrying capacity may be different.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom