Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Who would be interested in "L-81" emblems?

Corvette
1981 HD Suspension; ZN1 Option
Hey guys,

I have always wanted to place an "L-81" emblem on the hood of my Vette, and I found someone with a CNC machine who's willing to make a set for me.

I asked him to model them after the Earlier "Red" background L-82 emblems.

y1ppsvlS95gX84uqM-5OPqLR8omFkz8zj9U3c8YyxgWMZO_egitV61ZZU5kz3EowC_uxCPgY07eP1s

Depending on the number of L81 members that may be interested, he will also design a couple of other "L-81" emblems in a more resto-mod or fresh way.

And of course, I do need a bit of information. Can anyone supply me with the original dimensions (Red centers) for an "L-82" emblem?;shrug

If you think that you would like some other emblem (i.e. a script of "Shark"), then let me know.

Some Muscle-cars you'll see with different emblems like emblems of the vehicle nickname (i.e. Nova = "Deuce" or "Deuce SS" or "Double Deuce").

Let me know.

Thanks for the reply, but I may have jumped the gun by posting this idea.

One of our solid CAC administrators was kind to alert me that I may be breaking the rules, for it appeared that I was engaging in some sort of business.

And I can understand that, so I replied to the administrator and Rob, explaining that this is not my business venture, and I am waiting for their reply; however, to their credit, they have not locked the thread, so I guess that they are weighing their options and potential exposure of my idea to CAC and their members.

So I think that they will say their piece soon, and I will respect their decision 100%.

The important thing is, that the idea was able to be communicated, and so nothing would be stopping L81 members from finding someone to make the emblems for you.

:w

OK there really isn't any need for throwing stones :eyerole

The Corvette Action Center just doesn't appear on the internet FREE, and neither does the L81VetteRegistry ;) The costs associated with a site the size and magnatute of the Action Center is slightly more than what it costs to keep the Registry afloat :chuckle

Policies and proceedures are established for the GOOD of the whole, NOT to eliminate or discourage folks from participating. Vendors pay to advertise and sell their items here at the Action Center (which helps offset the costs). Rob DID NOT design nor establish the Action Center to be a cash Cow, but rather a repository of Corvette Related Facts and Techincal data base. The Forums were not the main intent, but it is what makes the Corvette Action Center a Community.

There are NO FREE Rides, someone pays the bills! It is not out of line to ask that members respect the wishes and respect who is paying them. Sorry if this offends anyone, but ANYONE SEEKING TO PROFIT from Robs work here or use this site to profit from should understand this concept!

I don't forsee an issue, but the owner of this site deserves the professional courtesy of being asked. The item(s) Gerry suggests probably do not fall into requiring a vendors acceptance to sell his items here. They are rather specific to the 1981.

If this really crawls up someones butt, I'm available to discuss it, PM me and I'll send you my Phone Number.

Bud Dougherty

Alright, can someone find-out for me the "L-82" emblem dimensions?

Basically, the size of the number "8" (width and length and thickness or height). Also we would need the total length of the emblem and total width of the emblem. Thanks!:beer

Why don't you just order one or a pair and take digital measurements? Then you can sell them on Ebay or wherever when you are done with them.

Tom

L82 Emblem

Why don't you just order one or a pair and take digital measurements? Then you can sell them on Ebay or wherever when you are done with them.

Tom

L82 Emblem

Perhaps, but as it is right now, I have a ton of items I have been meaning to sell on eBay, and I don't need to add any more. Besides, that's about $40 dollars which could best be spent on a gas lid emblem or other thing on which I really need to invest.

I don't mean to impose on anyone, but taking dimensions of an existing emblem would perhaps take 2 minutes? ;shrug If there is a kind soul out there that can provide this information, then I would very much appreciate it.

I also wouldn't approach a parked Vette somewhere, and measure the emblems without the owner knowing why I am getting so close to their baby...who knows, he or she may shoot me....:L:r before telling me to get the f*&* 0^f their car :gtfo

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom