Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

why dont C6 guys wave..?

I've been waving since October 1956 and you haven't waved at me once, shame on you. Is it because you drive a C4? Should I be hurt because a C4 driver didn't wave at me just because I was driving my C6? Get over not being noticed like you want to be and go talk to the C6 owner if you have the chance, they're pretty nice guys/gals.

Actually when I'm driving my '64 ot the '72 most all Corvettes wave at me, when I'm in the C6 not so much.:eyerole

My windows are usually rolled up. I wave, but maybe you can't see me.;LOL

I agree, I know sometimes I have trouble see into other cars because of the tinting and the lighting conditions. I suspect many people do not see me wave either as my windows are almost always up unless the top is off.

I wave at all Corvettes, even when driving my Silverado.

Save The Wave,
John :w

I've been waving since October 1956 and you haven't waved at me once, shame on you. Is it because you drive a C4? Should I be hurt because a C4 driver didn't wave at me just because I was driving my C6? Get over not being noticed like you want to be and go talk to the C6 owner if you have the chance, they're pretty nice guys/gals.

Actually when I'm driving my '64 ot the '72 most all Corvettes wave at me, when I'm in the C6 not so much.:eyerole

;...........

thanx, ..dad

I'm going to ask why don't C1, C2, C3, C4 and many C5 owners wave back at me. I've had vettes for over 30 years. If I get a wave back, it's probably from a C5! It's only been since I've owned C6's that I hardly if ever get waves back. I've tried and tried to get a wave back so now I admit I catch myself not even paying attention.

Is it because non-C6 owners don't think C6 owners are real Corvette people???

Did that happen in 1963, 1968, 1984, 1997?

Chuck

I'm going to ask why don't C1, C2, C3, C4 and many C5 owners wave back at me. I've had vettes for over 30 years. If I get a wave back, it's probably from a C5! It's only been since I've owned C6's that I hardly if ever get waves back. I've tried and tried to get a wave back so now I admit I catch myself not even paying attention.

Chuck

all the C6 guys that saw on my last trip were focused straight ahead...
as i pass by they didnt even look over
and my cute little wife was riding shotgun...

we are all just jealous and love to pick on C6 guys

I always wave!!:w
We have many explanations here, but I have others:

1. Sometimes I cannot tell if it really is a vette until it's too close. OK i expect many remarks like there is no other etc. but there are many copycats and as they approach it is difficult to tell. I wouldn't want to "wrong wave":boogie
2. Some drivers are in dreamland thinking of their car.:z

I wave. But I guess there are others that have so many other things to do when driving. Here are some of those items:
Test messaging, Navagation screen on the C6, On star, the morning coffee, eating the Big Mac, reading the newspaper, brushing teeth, reading a magazine, putting on makeup, and the list could go an and on. Yes, I have seen someone brusinh their teeth while driving. So, with all of this stuff that has to be done while driving its tough to keep ones eyes on the road like they should and wave at the other Corvette drivers out their. I guess times are a changing.

Eating a Big Mac??? Everytime I eat one of those the layers keep coming apart!! Never in my Vette!!

I routinely wave at all Corvettes I see... with the noted exception of Polo Green C4s with California plates. I'm just funny that way.

:cool

Chuck

I have the undisputed answer...C6's aren't really Corvettes because their headlights can't pop up! LOL....just kidding guys...my son has a C6 (but he just doesn't wave), so be kind to me!!!

:w :boogie

"
all the C6 guys that saw on my last trip were focused straight ahead...
as i pass by they didnt even look over
and my cute little wife was riding shotgun... "

Bucket...Funny...she waved to me when I waved at her! :w

C6's aren't really Corvettes because their headlights can't pop up! LOL....just kidding guys...
Ooohhhhh, OK. Well that explains the 1953 - 1962 years! :L

I recently met a pretty cool guy in the StevesNovaSite dot com who also owns a 1991 ZR-1, and he sounds pretty much dis-franchised from the Corvette culture, for he says that the majority of the Corvette owners think that they are better than non-corvette owners/drivers.

But he lives in California, and when one compares the population of California and the California'n membership in CAC, one can tend to surmise that the California vette owning population is dominated by professionals or entreprenaurs, and whom in general, are people who buy their Vette due to having a dream to own one, status seeking, or perhaps even both -in other words, they are not dominated by the gearheads, nor mechanically inclined people.

I suggested to him that he joins us here in CAC, and he'll see what a different and cool crowd gathers here.:thumb:cool

Now, I agree with most of your posts here, but I would like to add, that waving is better suited for "cruising". While traveling in our nation's highways it is pretty much hard to keep up due to the distances between opposing traffic lanes, the speeds involved (75 + MPH), and just the plain "dullness" when one tries to drive, let say, from New Mexico to California.

I have often been so out of it, that by the time I realize a Vette is approching is usually on my door's rear-view mirror.

GerryLP:cool

p.s. By the way, I know better, for I have partied with many of you in Cruise Fests, and you guys are a rowdy crowd...no offense, Lou...:L;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom