Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

why dont C6 guys wave..?

I have the undisputed answer...C6's aren't really Corvettes because their headlights can't pop up! LOL....just kidding guys...my son has a C6 (but he just doesn't wave), so be kind to me!!!

:w :boogie

Funny how many Corvettes that originally had pop up headlights that have been converted with after market kits to exposed headlights. I wonder why that would be.

Funny how many Corvettes that originally had pop up headlights that have been converted with after market kits to exposed headlights. I wonder why that would be.

'cause their owners are insecure or going through an identity crisis? :L

I like all the generations and wave to any and all I see, but I honestly couldn't say most times if anyone waved back. If I'm in heavy traffic I wave but don't even look for a return wave... that would take my eyes off traffic too long.

When traffic is slower I look for returns but don't care whether I get them or not... I figure the Vette knows I paid proper respects. :thumb

I also wave at anyone driving a restored or not so restored classic, a new Camaro or Challenger. I figure we've all got the same affliction. :chuckle

:confused

Because they're chewing gum and driving at the same time(lol).

I had to go to therapy because of all the non waving C6's(not).

All kidding aside. I get the wave when other C6s's are out.

Like it was said previously. I guess it's what they're doing at the time they're driving or they don't know.

Sometime you don't see the other car until it's too late.

Don't worry aboutitfugetaboutit.

most of us are too old to be driving with just one hand on the wheel. :upthumbs

I don't have a C6, but this is my wave. (Sorry about the thumbnail, not sure how to attach full picture.)

:confused

SAVE the WAVE :w should be in the owner manual. I'm on my 4th C3 and for the most part C5 & C6 owners don't wave. Maybe it is just the fact that they don't know about the wave;;shrug but I think that some of it is they have a Corvette just to say they own one. Rather than for the fun of owning America's sports car. Being part of the Corvette owner's club is something special. :thumb

Gary

SAVE the WAVE

The Tradition is nearly 60 yrs old . course I'm not .. Had A Vette of some kind or another since age 21 .. Fact is I always include the slogan ' Save the Wave ! '

@ club functions always remind those folks NEW to the hobby .. REMEMBER to wave whenever another(any) Vette you pass by... Zora Duntov was ask as he approached retirement in '74 Which was the Best Vette?- His response - " the Next one' .. So C1, 2, 3 4, 5 or C6 I love em all- Kinda like picking a favorite Child - ya know ....

Now days there are so many other things going on. There is the cell phone, on star, nav screens, GPS devices, reading all the info on the DIC, reading the head up display, text messaging, drinking a beverage, changing a CD or selecting a new song, tuning the satillite radio. Then there are all those other things that people have done for years before all the "techy" stuff came about. Thing like reading a magazine, reading a map, tending to a child, lighting a cig, adjusting the radio or the climate controls, setting the cruise control, turn signals, raiging or lowering a window, checking the guages. I have even seen people brushing their teeth, shaving (men only, but there probably are a few women that do), putting on makeup (women only, but we all know that there are men that do also).

Well, as you can see I could go on and on with all the things that people do in there cars now days. Yes, many of which should NOT be done, but yet they are. Oh yeah, forgot got one, keeping both hand on the wheel.

Even an Octopus would have a difficult time driving a car in today's world with all the gadgets and gizmos that are part of the car, an accessory to the car, or just things that we no longer have time to complete else where.

Oh, by the way. I do wave.

Probably because they have a death grip on the wheel with the awareness that paid a fortune for their car and odds are that one out of the two or three cars that are nearest to them is more than likely uninsured and/or illegally being driven. :eek:hnoes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom