Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

wiper arms

mytoy

Corvette
1978 L82 BLACK
I had the vette out on Sunday and it rain first time the car has been in rain in ten years. The problem is the wiper arms hit each other and hung up, what is the fix the vette is a 78 L82 thanks I appreaciate any help

Each wiper arm sites on a theaded shaft. There is a clip under the wiper arm where it sites on the shaft. You can pull the wiper arms off by pushing on the clip. You can then reposition them. Its possible the threaded shaft is stipped on one or both of the wipers. If this is the case you will have to replace the stipped part.

Jim

jdp6000 said:
Each wiper arm sites on a theaded shaft. There is a clip under the wiper arm where it sites on the shaft. You can pull the wiper arms off by pushing on the clip. You can then reposition them. Its possible the threaded shaft is stipped on one or both of the wipers. If this is the case you will have to replace the stipped part.

Jim

Works perfectly. :D

jdp6000 said:

Jim

There is also a wiper arm adjusting procedure in the Assembly Instruction Manual. It is a very straight forward procedure and is the method that GM uses. I am assuming here that the 71-72 procedure would be the same for your car.
Gary

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom