Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Would you buy an LT4.....would you sell one?

1996 LT4 Topic

Roadster Guy

Corvette
1996 Roadster CE/LT4/F45
This LT4 forum has been pretty quiet lately. So, I thought this was as good a time as any to bring this up:

The 1996 C4 with the LT4 engine (one year only) is a little unusual and a little special. Or is it?

Those of you who have an LT4, would you or do you consider selling yours and why or why not.

Those of you who don't have an LT4, do you consider buying one or would you rather pass and why.

Myself, I really love the Lt4 and its six speed and I think the 96 was the most advanced C4, making it a reliable, comfortable and responsive car to drive. I accept the fact the C5 and C6 are more advanced and fabulous cars, but I prefer the interior and lines of the C4 to the C5. I sometimes think I might sell it to get a C6 Roadster as I really like them, but I find mine just a little special and I am so pleased with it that I just can't part ways.

LT4 yes or LT4 no?
RG

I bought and drove an LT4 for a few years/24K miles, it was a fast/fun Corvette.

As in any vehicle, there were a few things in it's design the next generation had addressed.
I enjoyed my TR LT4, now I enjoy my 6-Speed MY Roadster....:lou

Later - D

I absolutely love driving my '96 Grand Sport with the LT4. We also have a 2002 convertible, 6-speed, but I prefer the LT4!!! I also like the "feel" of the '96's interior, the cockpit like seat...can't imagine not keeping this car!:)

Elaine

If I had room in the garage, I'd still have a C4 and it would be an LT4 car or one converted to an LT4! :D The problem is I want a C5 and a C6 and I can't have 3 Vettes. :cry

The C5/C6 are comfy but I like dropping into the seat. It is cozy and makes you feel like part of the car. I'll stick with my '92. Except for the headlights I really like the lines of the C6.

I like the looks of the C4 a lot better than the C5, and a C6 is out of the question for me at this time in my life.

So that makes the '96 LT4 a very tempting option for me. It is probably the absolute best bang for the buck out there, not to mention the most refined C4 you can get.

I love that the LT4 is relatively "unknown", and the fact the engine puts out a lot more horsepower than GM admitted.

I would love an LT4 Vette, and I plan to get one when I'm able to trade up or get a 2nd one. The combination of killer power + late C4 body + 6speed + special 'cause it's not in FBodys(aside from rare slps) = awesome.

yeah it is special.......sounds and looks good too!

I like the exhaust note when idling or accelerating. Don't you find it has more of a rumble or throaty sound than the C5 (Z06 aside)? I find the C5 and C6 exhaust note a bit quiet. I like the LT1 sound too....
It's good maybe that the LT4 is not that well known outside the C4 ranks or people that have owned a C4.
Visually, the engine bay is a pretty nice suprise too with the red accents and the clamshell hood makes it easy to show it off!
RG

lt4

When I was a kid in 1971 I had to have knee surgery and at the physical therapy office I went to someone ok a girl that worked there had a 1970 lt1 it looked so cool ultimate street machine .Screaming small block 4 speed and that hood,well this I believe is why I like the lt4 same screaming small block just a little more refined.Kevin.

Mine IS for sale

See my recent post "I'm Thinking About It..."

I love this car, but don't have the time to enjoy it as much as I want to. I only drive it about 3,000 mi/yr and I've had it going on 4 years.

Chetzki

Can we ever get to drive our LT4's??

See my recent post "I'm Thinking About It..."

I love this car, but don't have the time to enjoy it as much as I want to. I only drive it about 3,000 mi/yr and I've had it going on 4 years.

Chetzki

Me too! This is year 4 and usually I drive it 2500-3000 miles/year....this year only 1300 miles thus far.....way too busy with work and always hauling samples and stock in my new truck (Toyota FJ Cruiser...they are really neat). But, if I had another Vette, it would still get the same linited use and at least when I uncover the LT4 and blast out of the garage it is a rush!.

Oh yeah, tomorow they are calling for 80F temp and my wife and I are heading out in the LT4 for a day of top down cruising through lake country with a stop for lunch and then a rendez vous with my buddy and his wife and his new Boxster........we've driven each others cars......he says the LT4 has
way too much grunt for him to consider taking it on in the Box!:lou I concur.
RG

Had mine for over 4 years and love it more everyday. I know I would regret it if I ever sold it. Just cant figure out how to leave it to both of my boys in my will! Guy

Would love to buy one. Would buy one today except they are all red, white black or silver. All those colors are beautiful but I like something different.

In '96 you could get the LT4 in all the other paint colors too Dark Purple, Bright Aqua, Polo Green, Competition Yellow and on the Grand Sport package only Admiral Blue.

I have had 3 C4s. A 92 Bright Red auto coupe, a 94 Torch Red auto coupe and my 96 CE LT4 coupe. Ordered all of them brand new.

I drive mine almost every day. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I have over 88,000 miles. Just drove to MAM Funfest from Chicago and back. Had some vans & SUVs that were messing around with me. Hit triple digits and they somehow lost the will to fight!

This engine is a screamer. And no breakdowns!

I do not want to sell, unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse

and then I would buy another one, or maybe a ZR-1

This is my 1st Corvette...

Always admired them from afar but decided a couple of years ago that it was time & I had to have one. Always liked the looks of the C4 and knew that I wanted the "newest" one I could find. Since I wanted a manual trans, while researching '96's, I quickly became aware of the LT4. I loved the idea that was it was a one year only (high perf edition) motor mated to a 6spd. I also knew that I wanted it in black and preferably a low mileage one at that. Found this car w/ 21k on the clock and after one "spirited" test drive, I was sold...as was it!

When I bought it, other than wheels, I really hadn't planned on doing any "mods" to the car...then I joined this forum and started to see what everyone else was doing to their cars. The need for an exhaust upgrade became apparent real quick and I just have slowly built upon that. This car was awesome to me when I bought it - stock - but it really is much the better driver now than it was pre-mods.

For my 1st Vette, I could not be happier w/ my decision to buy the LT4. This car screams Corvette to me...in fact it screams period!

Not planning to sell any time soon BUT, in time & when I can afford it, I'd love to pick up a used C6 ZO6...in my eyes, a definite worthy replacement for "My LT4".

btw...next up, 4.10 gears! :lou

Cheers all! :beer

Jeff

Bought my LT4 Coupe new in Feb of '97, on Valentines Day. My first Corvette, still have it and it is not fort sale! also have a '98 Pace Car, six speed. I Love the LT4 and let my wife claim the '98 as her car. The LT4 feels more like a sports car and I think has better low end torque and acceleration than the C5. Torch Red/F45/Light Grey. 25000 miles and on my 3rd set of rear tires! Also have a #'s matching 72 vert, L48 4 speed, air, pw, tilt/tele, ps, pb and both tops. Bryar Blue. Great car to cruise in. Love the looks I get driving it.

I too have had mine almost 4 years now. It is my daily driver so it gets a lot of miles, but I enjoy every one of them! I am not looking to sell any time soon as I have many mods I would like to do. Combine that with good gas mileage and no major service, and it makes it hard to replace with anything else.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom