Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB 2004 Factory Polished Rim(s)

mangusta1969

Corvette
92 CR1;04 C5; 91 Aerobody Vert (nonTT)
Since one of Gov Schwarzenagger's cost saving ideas apparently is to defer required road maintenance in SoCal, I am in need of a new or used front rim for my 2004 C5. Since the rims are quite soft (apparently due to the very open design of the five spokes), my rim was irrepairably bent with a single pothole encounter last week.

The tire was not hurt at all, but the inside of the RF rim was bent and the wheel is no longer viable. Now I know why the racers used forged wheels from manufacturers like Fikse...

Does anyone have a single rim or a set of take-off rims for sale? Please contact me at mangusta1969 "at" hotmail.com or just reply to this forum. I am going to buy something in the next day or two, but would like a break on the fierce dealer price for a new rim. Thanks. Steve

rim repair

I've seen some ads in the back of my car mags for a company that repairs dented and damaged rims. You may want to check some of the mags for their ad. Don't know what they charge but it has to be a lot less than a new rim.

Wheel Guys can't repair my bent rim

BigMike,

I appreciate the tip, but I was just at one of the leading shops in SoCal that straightens bent wheels for the off road racing crowd. They can even work on forged aluminum wheels. Anyway, US Wheels and Polishing in El Cajon CA did a great job for me when I had a flat tire/hurt rim while running at 85+ on another Corvette about 2 years ago.

I thought that wheel was not going to be repairable as it was dented, bent, and had a lot of road rash on it from running about 500 feet on the pavement when the tire completely separated from the rim. US Wheels did an awesome job repairing, welding, straightening and polishing that Billet Specialties Mirage rim and only charged me $85.

Unfortunately, the US Wheels boss man put my 2004 Corvette wheel on his machine this morning and immediately pronounced that the wheel as not repairable. So I am definitely looking to purchase another new or used rim or set of rims. Thanks again for the recommendation, though.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom