Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB..Left Hand Cam Cover

chris von ravensberg

Corvette
90 zr1 #846,#833#1305.90 callaway#10..90cpe 90con
Merry Christmas to all my ZR1 Brothers and Sisters.

I am looking for a L/H LT5 cam cover. If anyone has one email me what you have. clvr@msn.com.

special thanks in advance..
chris von ravensberg
seattle

ZR-1 L/H Cam Cover

You are aware that during manufacture the Cam Covers were torqued to the Head and then the two were align bored in place creating a matched set. There are no cam bearings, the cams ride on the head and cam cover material, so to be usable, machining would definately be required, then an oversized cam probably. That's one reason you don't see them for sale alone very often. Best of luck, I've only seen one right hand cover for sale by itself.
Rich

What "rebelZ" says is right.

You cannot simply replace a cam cover. The head and cover are matched "sets". Sadly, the equipment necessary to hone (or "rehone" as the case may be) a head/cover set does not exist. The original machine tools designed by Mercruiser specifically for machining those sets was scrapped.

If you have a damaged cam cover, your best bet is to try and repair it and reuse it.

Thank you for the insight...

I have located a cover and will begin to work on the project as soon as it arrives.

I saw your post on the active ride ZR1...sorry to see it going up for auction.

Sorry I didnt get a chance to introduce myself at the Bowling Green banquet for Reeves Callaway in September.

Best regards.

chris

best regards
chris

Thank you.....

I will let you know how it goes.

P.s. do you know the owner of the Corvette Challenge car on display at the NCM?

he is said to be from your area. my direct email is clvr@msn.com

thank you

chris

Thank you for the insight...

I have located a cover and will begin to work on the project as soon as it arrives.

I saw your post on the active ride ZR1...sorry to see it going up for auction.

Sorry I didnt get a chance to introduce myself at the Bowling Green banquet for Reeves Callaway in September.

Best regards.

chris

best regards
chris

You meant that for "rebel z" right...because I was not in Bowling Green last September.

Funny I still have this cam cover all wraped up ready to ship and its april and I never received payment. :thumb thanks again for tanking on a deal

Hello Johnny,
Interesting that you choose this format to contact me. We had been emailing direct and I haven't heard from you for months.

Being that as it may, as I had indicated to you I sent a check for the cam cover and applied freight.

I have checked with the bank and the check has not been cashed.

As I had indicated in conversation, this is a long term project. I was never concerned as to how long it took you to send it to me.

You and I have had many positive dealings and are both members of the ZR1 Registry.

I have purchased a cam cover from Jim VanDorn. BUT.....I will honor my agreement to purchase yours. I will put a stop pay on my check that was sent to you.

I will pay with Paypal. Please send me your account information and the total of the purchase.

I hope this is agreeable, I will consider this matter closed.

chris von ravensberg
1990 ZR 1 #833
1990 ZR 1 #846
1990 ZR 1 #1305
1990 Callaway #10
1988 Callaway #54
1990 coupe
1990 convert.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom