Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

You guys ever seen a 1953 C5 ?

shawnfate

This was at the warehouse where I picked up my Vette yesterday.

all i had was my iphone, but you get the idea.

168741_1567068022673_1414591345_31195347_5427428_n.jpg

Good guys drive white ;) Yes I've seen one up close and personnel at the Atlantic Nationals in Moncton New Brunswick a few years ago .The car was very well done and I found it attractive .

Thanks for posting it .:thumb

I haven't seen one up close and personal but I have come across them on the web from time to time. I was sure I had a link to the manufacturer that builds them but I can't find it right now.

If I come across it again I'll post it here for you.

And by the way - Welcome to the :CAC

:wJane Ann

50th Anniversary Redux: The '53 Commemorative Edition Corvette

1953 was a heady year for Chevrolet. Work had begun on an all-new full-size car slated for the company's '55 model line-up, a young engineer named Zora Arkus-Duntov was hired by GM Research and Development, and the GM skunkworks was quietly working on a new V-8 powerplant that would revolutionize the automotive industry.

Also in January of 1953, Harley Earl unveiled what would become one of the most storied car lines in American history. The Corvette, America's first European-inspired sports car, dazzled people at the GM Motorama display at the Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York. After a 1951 concept-car appearance as a Nomad wagon, the '53 model debuted as a white convertible featuring a Blue-Flame 235 six-cylinder with three carbs, a Powerglide transmission, and dual exhaust. Though the car left some wanting more, it wouldn't be until 1955 that Duntov and Earl would put the new 265 V-8 in the fiberglass roadster, starting a tradition of horsepower and performance in GM and Chevrolet's flagship nameplate.

Flash forward 50 years to 2003. The half-century anniversary of the Corvette had Vette enthusiasts eagerly anticipating what Chevrolet would unveil to mark this historic moment. Those eager with anticipation soon became nauseous with disappointment, as the 50th Anniversary Corvette was unveiled as nothing more than a C5 with special red paint, badges, and some other unimpressive additions. Many Corvette loyalists thought the 50th year should have been marked with a Corvette reminiscent of the '53, something that paid proud tribute to the first true American sports car.

Vette

When I was at Vettes on the Rockies back in 2005 there were probably 10 of those there. I found them to be very well executed, fit and finish was excellent. I like them.

I've also seen C5s converted to C2s. They look good as well (thought the 1953 conversion has a Jag XKE look to it to me). If I ever cracked up the body on my C5, I have to admit that I would be tempted to do something like this. I haven't seen any C3 conversions though. That would be special.

16991.jpg

See more pics here: http://www.fquick.com/blog/Turn_your_Corvette_C5_into_a_C2_Stingray/1699

Late breed of Corvette !

This was at the warehouse where I picked up my Vette yesterday.

all i had was my iphone, but you get the idea.

168741_1567068022673_1414591345_31195347_5427428_n.jpg

I'm a true and through NCRS kind of guy. And I, and I'm sure all of you have seen what started out looking not too hard on the eyes on paper, but the final car rolled out looking like, well some sort of basteration. But in this case, this 53/2010 white restorod cames off not too shabby. I think it's as true to form and fuction as possible. I wouldn't mind a few hours behind the wheel ! :happyanim:

OK so I have to be the counter point, to each his or her own, live and let live, etc. But I just don't get it. Those things are expensive and to me look like a C5 that is trying to be a '53? :confused

I agree-something old is something old,something new is something new,don't combind them-it's stupid whats the purpose?:confused

I have seen a 62 C5 and also a 67 C5 bothe at Carlisle. The web site for the 67:
www.67c5.com

:thumb

The only thing I really dislike about them is the c5 windshield. I think it ruins the look of the car. If they could figure out a way to put a c1windshield (frame) on there it would look great.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom