Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR-1 vs Mother Nature

• Thread starter Thread starter YESZREE
  • Start date Start date
YESZREE said:
Sometimes I would go to the garage to take her out and she (the wife) would beat me to it. What's with that? I mean she's got her own car!:cool

Ahhhh, the never ending allure of the Corvette!
Heidi

I'm glad that you escaped injury, and very sorry about the ZR1.

Fort94z said:
Yeszree, Glad your O.K. and sorry to here about your car. Just wondering, what kind of tires you were running .

Eagle GSC's

Man that is just awful. I hate to hear stuff like this. Glad to hear that you were not hurt.

I have read in other threads that there have been wet weather related Corvette accidents this past week.

Here's to finding a cherry 368 or 415.

Nick

Sorry to read about your accident in this thread. The good news is that you walked away & can repace your Vette; your family couldn't replace you!:beer

Ed,
Thank God you're okay! What a story... I'm amazed you weren't shaking when the whole thing ended.

It really sucks that you got a ticket. From a law enforcement perspective, if a car gets rolled and (for all intents and purposes) totaled on the road, someone is going to have to be cited- and if there's no other car/driver involved, the victim becomes the recipient of the ticket. If it hadn't been failure to control, it would have been operating an unsafe vehicle or driving at speeds unsafe under the conditions. It's not fair, and it's not right. Sometimes, accidents just happen. But the cops are going to have to cite someone so that they can close out the investigation.

At least you walked away from it, which speaks volumes for how safe Vettes actually are. Any word from your insurance company about how they plan to replace it?

-Patrick

Why do they have to site anyone? That doesn't make sense. I would think the only reason he got a ticket was because the cop that gave it to him was a Richard Cranium.
Sorry I don't buy it.

Sorry to hear about your car but at least your alright.

God still needs you for something.

Are you going to fight the ticket? It seems ridiculous considering the conditions!

Frank

Man, I am so sorry to hear about your car. I know from our correspondance how much that car meant to you. Hopefully there will be another one that catches your fancy like this one did. Very glad to hear that you are okay.

Maybe that bang was just a big puddle of water. You know how sometimes when you hit water and it hits the fender wells and makes an abrupt loud noise. Just a thought. Also, fight that ticket. If y'all are on a point system, that one is worth alot.

Take care, man, and good luck finding a worthy replacement.

John

CORed91 said:
Ed,
At least you walked away from it, which speaks volumes for how safe Vettes actually are. Any word from your insurance company about how they plan to replace it?

-Patrick

The report will be sent to the Tampa office this coming Tuesday. I'll find out then. If they use the top figures from NADA for retail for that car with the low mileage the listed value is approx. 31k. I could have never sold it for that!

4cefed said:
Why do they have to site anyone? That doesn't make sense. I would think the only reason he got a ticket was because the cop that gave it to him was a Richard Cranium.
Sorry I don't buy it.

Actually the State Trouper was very cool. She said that it was a state law when a vehicle left the road and was involved in an accident. If she didn't write the ticket she would have been reprimanded by her superior. With that said she told me off the cuff that if I went to court to fight it I would will due to their being no witnesses. So that's what I will do.

FLYNLO said:
Man, I am so sorry to hear about your car. I know from our correspondance how much that car meant to you. Hopefully there will be another one that catches your fancy like this one did. Very glad to hear that you are okay.

Maybe that bang was just a big puddle of water. You know how sometimes when you hit water and it hits the fender wells and makes an abrupt loud noise. Just a thought. Also, fight that ticket. If y'all are on a point system, that one is worth alot.

Take care, man, and good luck finding a worthy replacement.

John

Thanks, and you could be right about the puddle. It's perplexing that I cannot really determine what happened. It keeps rolling around in my mind. No pun intended.:Roll

Moderators,

WHY was this thread moved into the Road Kill Lounge? This thread has absolutely nothing to do with the nature of the Road Kill Lounge and originally started out in the ZR-1 Forum.

I am moving it back there, please leave it there.

Rob, I believe this thread has always been in the Road Kill Lounge, hence the title: ZR-1 vs Mother Nature versus ZR-1 vs Z06. I don't think the thread was ever moved. But I may be wrong.

Leon

Gorgon said:
Rob, I believe this thread has always been in the Road Kill Lounge, hence the title: ZR-1 vs Mother Nature versus ZR-1 vs Z06. I don't think the thread was ever moved. But I may be wrong.

Leon
I could swear it was always in the ZR-1 Forum...I must be losing my marbles.:crazy

I bet if a cruiser lost control just driving down the same road, cops would not site the other cop. Sure they would have and investigation and find hazard driving conditions and wet roads as the fault. Then priase the officer for controling the vehicle long enough to not get seriously hurt.

Anyway I am glad you didn't get seriously hurt, I will keep my eyes open (as I am sure we all will) for another nice Z for you!

Not sure if Frank Urbanati sold his 90' yet or not, its a 368 in perfect condition from what I understand..

YESZREE,

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your ZR-1.

To go through an event like that must have made your heart stop! Glad to hear that you walked away from the accident, life is truly fragile.

I saw that you were running GS-Cs, do you recall if your tread wear indicators were showing, or what kind of mileage/tread depth you had left?

Reason I ask is that I have GS-Cs on my ‘96 coupe, and I was wondering if there was anything you could suggest to look for during tire inspections that might be out of the norm.

B17Crew
:w

!

Not sure if Frank Urbanati sold his 90' yet or not, its a 368 in perfect condition from what I understand.. [/B]

Its sold!

You'll get another one!

B17Crew said:
YESZREE,

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your ZR-1.

To go through an event like that must have made your heart stop! Glad to hear that you walked away from the accident, life is truly fragile.

I saw that you were running GS-Cs, do you recall if your tread wear indicators were showing, or what kind of mileage/tread depth you had left?

Reason I ask is that I have GS-Cs on my ‘96 coupe, and I was wondering if there was anything you could suggest to look for during tire inspections that might be out of the norm.

B17Crew
:w

The tires had about 10k miles on them at best.

Glad you wern´t hurt.

In 1995 I was driving down that same road. I had flown into Ft. La-De-Da and was headed to the Keys to visit a friend.

One of your South Florida thunderstorms hit, visibility went to a few hundred feet and the road was instantly flooded.

A Mazda flew past me and preformed the same dance but it did not roll all the way over. It stuck in the mud with the driver’s side down. As I approached the Mazda a 9+ foot long Alligator walked off of the road. He looked unhurt but pi$$ed off, the driver went to the Hospital.

If they use the top figures from NADA for retail for that car with the low mileage the listed value is approx. 31k.
Hope you get a 100% pay-out. It will make me feel better about paying my insurance renewal next month.

Actually the State Trouper was very cool. She said that it was a state law when a vehicle left the road and was involved in an accident. If she didn't write the ticket she would have been reprimanded by her superior. With that said she told me off the cuff that if I went to court to fight it I would will due to their being no witnesses. So that's what I will do.
I got a ticket in Tampa that I thought was ¨undeserved¨, I went to see the Judge the next day, well ahead of the Court date. The Judge told me that my,¨ quick willingness to face him ¨, was proof of my innocence. He nullified the ticket and wished me a good day.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom