Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

RCI Performance Intake and Engine MODs

Marmaduke

Corvette
1999 C5 Coupe
New MODs to my 1999 C5 Coupe almost finished. . . . . (MOD List Below):

RCI Performance
RCI Performance | LS and LSX Performance Parts

1. Engine Block – 2010,LS3, 6.2 Liter (Stroker) 427 cu. in.

2. Heads - Stock LS3, Ported, Polished & CNC

3. Intake Manifold - RCI Custom Intake System

4. Throttle Body - GM LS290mm

5. Camshaft – “CAM Motion Performance Cam”

a. Duration @ .050:229 x 244

b. Valve Lift: .615 x .595

c. Lobe Separation Angle (LSA): 113.

d. LS7 Roller Lifters and Pushrods

6. Crankshaft - SCAT Forged Crank: 4.124” Stroke w/24 Tooth Reluctor Gear.

7. Connecting Rods: SCAT Forged Rods

8. Pistons: Diamond Pistons & Rings

Slide1.JPG
Slide5.JPGSlide4.JPGSlide3.JPGSlide2.JPG

Last edited:
Looks good, real good.

Auto or M6 and what rear gear?

Any idea what she'll make at the tires?

Looks good, real good.

Auto or M6 and what rear gear?

Any idea what she'll make at the tires?

kpic,

I'm running the stock M6 six speed, with stock 3.42 gears. Right now she's putting down 535 RWHP, but the stock LS1 Fuel Pump started losing pressure @ 5000 RPM so couldn't finish the Dyno tune until a new "Performance Fuel Pump" can be installed. Also I'm replacing the twin disk clutch I had installed about a year and a half ago with LS7 clutch. The twin disk just hasn't been a very good street setup. . . . . (not for me anyway).

Attachments

• Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Sounds like fun in the making. :thumb

Which ECU are you running?

The fuel pump not keeping up is pretty common. I went with a Lingenfelter, they are rated for 17V continuous. You can add a boost-a-pump if needed.

The dyno shop said no difference between the 6 and 7, plus no death rattle.

With that cam, you won't be in stealth mode; however, mine hisses, so if someone has ears, there's no secrets here either.

I'll guarantee you'll enjoy it.

Sounds like fun in the making. :thumb

Which ECU are you running?

The fuel pump not keeping up is pretty common. I went with a Lingenfelter, they are rated for 17V continuous. You can add a boost-a-pump if needed.

The dyno shop said no difference between the 6 and 7, plus no death rattle.

With that cam, you won't be in stealth mode; however, mine hisses, so if someone has ears, there's no secrets here either.

I'll guarantee you'll enjoy it.

ECU is stock LS1 that came with the car. . . . it's just about maxed out as far as tuning with all the MODs, but will see how it goes after the new fuel pump is installed. I'm going with the "Lingenfelter" fuel pump as well. Its good for up to 600hp, so it should do the job ! I'm also having problems with the BCM (Body Control Module) so I'm replacing that with a new one as well. I know you can make repairs to the circuit board, but I don't have the time, nor the patients (mostly the patients) for that, LOL. So, I''ve ordered a new BCM, had it flashed with my VIN, and it'll be installed at the same time with Lingenfelter fuel pump, and LS7 Flywheel and Clutch.

You know, when I took my Vette to the "Tuner Shop" (RCI Performance) I initially went in just for a Dyno Tune, but ended up getting new heads, lifter, push rods, cam and intake, BCM, Fuel Pump, and new clutch, along with some parts being "carbon fiber hydro-dipped", LOL ! I'm gonna have to take both checkbooks with me when I pick it up, LOL !

I've attached a picture of the "Blue Monsoon" for you to checkout. . . . . I tried to keep most of the "Exterior" MODs as "Understated" as possible; trying to keep it somewhat "Stock Looking", but there's not too much on the car that hasn't been MODed (except the paint) LOL !

(05) New Cray Wheels ~ 1999 C5 Corvette.JPGIMG_1252.jpgIMG_1244.jpg

All you get is expanded fuel air tables, some other stuff and a faster computer. According to the dyno shop, not worth the expense of re-pinning. Personally, I don't know. I do know I have more than I need.

The Lingenfelter is good for more than 600; however, you'd need a boost-a-pump to see it and big injectors. Mine are after market and matched at +/-1% for a tolerance window of 2%. OEM's are about 5%.

I have a couple of "tunes" I can load. I'm a little more than you are at 11.6 F/A. If I turn the voltage to the pump up and load the next tune up, 6 plus. Right now, she gets ~35 MPG in 6th at interstate speeds.
FWIR and from what I've have been told, the LS drive train is fairly reliable until 6 or so. After that, the diff needs rebuilt and Viper shafts for the trans.
She'll stripe the road hitting it at 3500 in second. The lady of the house named her Sassy. She put away an 11.1 car. I said I doubt 11.1 and he hit the glove box and showed me a bunch of 11.1 ETs.

Trust me, with that cam, you won't kid anyone. :D

If you want some good advice, spend some money on better than stock brakes. 3 numbers on the clock comes real quick.

100_1495_zps1fb2468a.jpg

When the air goes supersonic, it is whoosh and blur time and I'm not kidding anyone either.

100_1498_zps5b9df1df.jpg

Mac, I really do behave; you can ask Jake. ;LOL

All you get is expanded fuel air tables, some other stuff and a faster computer. According to the dyno shop, not worth the expense of re-pinning. Personally, I don't know. I do know I have more than I need.

The Lingenfelter is good for more than 600; however, you'd need a boost-a-pump to see it and big injectors. Mine are after market and matched at +/-1% for a tolerance window of 2%. OEM's are about 5%.

I have a couple of "tunes" I can load. I'm a little more than you are at 11.6 F/A. If I turn the voltage to the pump up and load the next tune up, 6 plus. Right now, she gets ~35 MPG in 6th at interstate speeds.
FWIR and from what I've have been told, the LS drive train is fairly reliable until 6 or so. After that, the diff needs rebuilt and Viper shafts for the trans.
She'll stripe the road hitting it at 3500 in second. The lady of the house named her Sassy. She put away an 11.1 car. I said I doubt 11.1 and he hit the glove box and showed me a bunch of 11.1 ETs.

Trust me, with that cam, you won't kid anyone. :D

If you want some good advice, spend some money on better than stock brakes. 3 numbers on the clock comes real quick.

100_1495_zps1fb2468a.jpg

When the air goes supersonic, it is whoosh and blur time and I'm not kidding anyone either.

100_1498_zps5b9df1df.jpg

Mac, I really do behave; you can ask Jake. ;LOL

kpic,

Man, that's a "Sweet" looking setup you have there. . . . it looks like it's all business !

As for "Breaks" on my C5 I'm running 6 Piston Calipers on the front and 4 Pistons on the rear. They're not Brimbo's, but look like em. I had my Vette in Germany for 10 years (driving on the Autobahns) so I wanted to make sure I had "Some Stop In My Go", LOL !

There is a guy there in Germany that owns his own performance brake manufacturing company can/will manufacture custom breaks and rotors for just about any
“Exotic or Performance” car on the street. . . His companies named is “Mov-It Breaks". That’s what’s on my Vette now. The owner of "Mov-It" has/had three Vests of his own, so he was a performance guy himself. So my old Vette has a lot of “Stopping Power”; and road tested on the German Autobahns too, LOL !

(01a) CRAY  WHEELS (FRONT-18X9).JPG
(01d) CRAY WHEELS (FRONT -18X9).JPG(01c) CRAY WHEELS (REAR-19X10.5).JPG(01b) CRAY WHEELS (FRONT-18X9).JPG

Very nice machine....talking to both of you! I like the idea of toning down the exterior mods to be in stealth mode. :D

Marmaduke
Thanks and same to you. My only disappointment is when the blower is free wheeling, there is a fan noise. No spool time, hit it and itspretty much instant insanity.

You'll learn to approach the right pedal very judiciously, trust me.

The German brake manufacturer sounds interesting.

Where about in Germany? Other than cities I've been to Kircheimboladen, the old AF base at Spang when I was a kid, and when I was in the military Bad Tolz.

Toms007
Agreed, plus my gray hair helps the innocent impression also.
:D

Marmaduke
Thanks and same to you. My only disappointment is when the blower is free wheeling, there is a fan noise. No spool time, hit it and itspretty much instant insanity.

You'll learn to approach the right pedal very judiciously, trust me.

The German brake manufacturer sounds interesting.

Where about in Germany? Other than cities I've been to Kircheimboladen, the old AF base at Spang when I was a kid, and when I was in the military Bad Tolz.

Toms007
Agreed, plus my gray hair helps the innocent impression also.
:D

KPIC,

You know, I gave some thought to "Supercharging" my Vette awhile back, but decided to keep it
“Naturally Aspirated”. Atmy age I don’t think I could have handled that “Blast of Power” when I put the pedalto the metal, LOL !

I was in the Army for 27years; spent most of my career (20years) overseas. My last duty station wasWiesbaden, Germany (1985-1990). I retired and went to work as a DoD Contractorfrom 1990 – 2010, so I spent 25 years in Germany my last go round.

From 1985 to 2010 I was inWiesbaden, Frankfurt, Darmstadt, and in 1997 ended up in Heidelberg. In 2010 the familyand I returned to the states (after 25 years). Now we’re hunkered down in Huntsville, Alabama. I’ve “StackedArms” full time (retired). . . . all that work stuff was getting in the way all the thingsI wanted to do, so I pulled the plug in 2010, LOL ! I know what you mean about the gray hair, but mine seemsto be falling out faster than it turns gray, LOL !

Say, I'm not sure where you're located, but in July there's an event in Bowling Green, KY (The Corvette Homecoming) that's pretty nice. I attended last year and will be going back again this year. If KY isn't too far from where you're located you should check it out. Just google "Corvette Homecoming" and it should pop up. Hey, good chatting with you. . . stay in touch.

Very nice machine....talking to both of you! I like the idea of toning down the exterior mods to be in stealth mode. :D

Toms01,

Hey, thanks for the kind words ! That C6 of yours is looking pretty "Sweet" as well. I like the color ! You getting much "Road Time" in it this year? Mine is still in the shop, but hoping it's out soon. I'm missing all the good "Corvette Cruising Weather". . . . I'll be heading up to Bowling Green, KY in July to attend the Corvette Homecoming event. I was there last year and it was a good time, so I'm heading back again this year (if I ever get my Vette out of the shop) LOL !

I've put a few miles on it this spring. We are planning a big trip this summer up to Michigan, into Canada, then to Niagara Falls then on around the east side of Lake Erie and then head back home.

I've put a few miles on it this spring. We are planning a big trip this summer up to Michigan, into Canada, then to Niagara Falls then on around the east side of Lake Erie and then head back home.

Toms01

WOW, that's a pretty good "Road Trip" if you ask me. I hope you have good weather, a safe drive and a safe return home.

KPIC,

You know, I gave some thought to "Supercharging" my Vette awhile back, but decided to keep it
“Naturally Aspirated”. Atmy age I don’t think I could have handled that “Blast of Power” when I put the pedalto the metal, LOL !

I was in the Army for 27years; spent most of my career (20years) overseas. My last duty station wasWiesbaden, Germany (1985-1990). I retired and went to work as a DoD Contractorfrom 1990 – 2010, so I spent 25 years in Germany my last go round.

From 1985 to 2010 I was inWiesbaden, Frankfurt, Darmstadt, and in 1997 ended up in Heidelberg. In 2010 the familyand I returned to the states (after 25 years). Now we’re hunkered down in Huntsville, Alabama. I’ve “StackedArms” full time (retired). . . . all that work stuff was getting in the way all the thingsI wanted to do, so I pulled the plug in 2010, LOL ! I know what you mean about the gray hair, but mine seemsto be falling out faster than it turns gray, LOL !

Say, I'm not sure where you're located, but in July there's an event in Bowling Green, KY (The Corvette Homecoming) that's pretty nice. I attended last year and will be going back again this year. If KY isn't too far from where you're located you should check it out. Just google "Corvette Homecoming" and it should pop up. Hey, good chatting with you. . . stay in touch.

Marmaduke
A centrifugal is an easy way to power. I've built a quicker N/A car; however, gas was cheaper, a lot cheaper and tunnel rams and roller cams were big drinkers. I can turn the boost-a-pump up and load another tune; however, it is reliable where it is.

I was glorified light infantry, weapons NCO, Bragg and 3 tours SE Asia and out. Since then I've done automotive design; commercial diesel. Last ten has been with turbos. It is time for me to retire.

I'm in western NC, about 3 miles from the SC line. We recently bought land in the NE Georgia mountains. As soon as we get it cleared we'll pull the camper up there. Have our own campground with the hogs and the coyotes. Getting away, this summer will be rough, need to grade, electric fence and more.

Marmaduke
A centrifugal is an easy way to power. I've built a quicker N/A car; however, gas was cheaper, a lot cheaper and tunnel rams and roller cams were big drinkers. I can turn the boost-a-pump up and load another tune; however, it is reliable where it is.

I was glorified light infantry, weapons NCO, Bragg and 3 tours SE Asia and out. Since then I've done automotive design; commercial diesel. Last ten has been with turbos. It is time for me to retire.

I'm in western NC, about 3 miles from the SC line. We recently bought land in the NE Georgia mountains. As soon as we get it cleared we'll pull the camper up there. Have our own campground with the hogs and the coyotes. Getting away, this summer will be rough, need to grade, electric fence and more.

kpic,

Well, when I was in the Army I didn't have one of those exciting jobs like yours (a Gravel Agitator) . . . . I was just a “LogToad” (a Beans and Bullet Guy) LOL, but it got me a second career that paid good, so I'm not complaining, LOL ! I enjoyed my time in the Army, but I haven't missed a day of it since I've retired, LOL ! I must say life is good.

When you take the big plunge into the "retirement pool" I hope you enjoy it as much as I am. That place you talking about in NC sound like a good place to start. . . . and I wish you the best of luck.

kpic,

Well, when I was in the Army I didn't have one of those exciting jobs like yours (a Gravel Agitator) . . . . I was just a “LogToad” (a Beans and Bullet Guy) LOL, but it got me a second career that paid good, so I'm not complaining, LOL ! I enjoyed my time in the Army, but I haven't missed a day of it since I've retired, LOL ! I must say life is good.

When you take the big plunge into the "retirement pool" I hope you enjoy it as much as I am. That place you talking about in NC sound like a good place to start. . . . and I wish you the best of luck.

It was exciting and as a career type; you smell Bragg, the old Mott Lake and Bad Tolz. ;) I came before the modern 18s. To those who understand no explanation is needed and to those who don't, none possible.

My second life was good. I truly love design; however after 45 years there isn't much to prove anymore. There was always something to prove and that is over. Now, is the right time, with the right woman, life is good, my friend.

And, I wish you the same.

final results

hi there,

what were your finalnumbers once you got everything you needed?
New MODs to my 1999 C5 Coupe almost finished. . . . . (MOD List Below):

RCI Performance
RCI Performance | LS and LSX Performance Parts

1. Engine Block – 2010,LS3, 6.2 Liter (Stroker) 427 cu. in.

2. Heads - Stock LS3, Ported, Polished & CNC

3. Intake Manifold - RCI Custom Intake System

4. Throttle Body - GM LS290mm

5. Camshaft – “CAM Motion Performance Cam”

a. Duration @ .050:229 x 244

b. Valve Lift: .615 x .595

c. Lobe Separation Angle (LSA): 113.

d. LS7 Roller Lifters and Pushrods

6. Crankshaft - SCAT Forged Crank: 4.124” Stroke w/24 Tooth Reluctor Gear.

7. Connecting Rods: SCAT Forged Rods

8. Pistons: Diamond Pistons & Rings

View attachment 21384
View attachment 21388View attachment 21387View attachment 21386View attachment 21385

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom