Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

slight movement in sport seats when accelerating and braking

wholmes98

Does anyone know of an easy fix for this? Have removed one seat to replace lumbar support bags and see where the problem is located. It appears the entire track assembly has to be taken apart to repair.

Yes, the track gear assembly needs to come apart and replace the plastic/rubber blocks with metal ones, the kits are not very expensive and have good instructions. It's fiddly and time consuming, just be patient and give yourself a lot of time, it's worth it.

I had done this to my 01. Like LLC5 said, it’s not all that hard to do, and the instructions were very good.

Yes, the track gear assembly needs to come apart and replace the plastic/rubber blocks with metal ones, the kits are not very expensive and have good instructions. It's fiddly and time consuming, just be patient and give yourself a lot of time, it's worth it.

Thanks. Exactly what does the kit consist of and can some other kind of shims be employed or fabricated to tighten the existing blocks up? The car only has 17,000 miles. This must have been a problem from its beginning. Appreciate the info.

As I recall, the kit had everything needed to fix...shims were included. Let me see if I can find a link or place to get the kit.

Here’s a link to fixing without having to buy any kit....it takes a little more work modifying the washers, but it shows the steps very well.

Garage Guides

Thanks. Exactly what does the kit consist of and can some other kind of shims be employed or fabricated to tighten the existing blocks up? The car only has 17,000 miles. This must have been a problem from its beginning. Appreciate the info.

Follow Tom's link.

The factory basically put in plastic/rubber spacers that wear quickly and the kit if I remember correctly gives you metal spacers. The biggest thing to remember is to make sure that both the adjusters for the seat are clocked the same length in their channels, I remember the instructions with the kit being very clear and concise about it.

Google "corvette C5 rocking seat fix" and a lot of options will pop up. Many vendors sell the kit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information.

I did the procedure on the Garage Guide link. It was very easy and cost $1.35 for the nylon washers. The main difference in their advice as opposed to some others was not having to take the seat apart. Recommend this site highly if anyone else encounters this problem.

I did the procedure on the Garage Guide link. It was very easy and cost $1.35 for the nylon washers. The main difference in their advice as opposed to some others was not having to take the seat apart.

And your using nylon/plastic material instead of metal.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom