Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HELP! 1995 Coupe and Passenger side Airbag. Cut-off? Yes/No?

JUZ4TWO

Corvette
Pending Purhcase.......
I need info asap on this issue. I've come to find out that the passenger side airbag CANNOT be cutoff. Is this true? I think I have read where the airbag would require someone to make it non-functional. Is there a kit that disables this or not? I'm looking at purchasing a '94-'96 and I have a 2-yr old daughter, 6-yr old son, 9-yr old daughter that would be riding in the car on ocassion. If the airbag cannot be disabled I'm not gonna buy a C4. All info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I need info asap on this issue. I've come to find out that the passenger side airbag CANNOT be cutoff. Is this true? I think I have read where the airbag would require someone to make it non-functional. Is there a kit that disables this or not? I'm looking at purchasing a '94-'96 and I have a 2-yr old daughter, 6-yr old son, 9-yr old daughter that would be riding in the car on ocassion. If the airbag cannot be disabled I'm not gonna buy a C4. All info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I saw a 1996 on eBay with a passenger airbag on/off that someone with a child had added...

Passenger side air bags were offered in 1994. If you don't want one at all you could buy a 93 or earlier model.

Passenger side air bags were offered in 1994. If you don't want one at all you could buy a 93 or earlier model.

jrzvette is right, just buy a 93 or earlier.

You have to apply for one and the dealer installs it, you can install it yourself but since its an airbag which I consider pretty darn sensitive since it can blow up in your face, I think I would let the dealer do it. I applied for one my 94' when I first got it because my then four year old daughter was riding with me but when I got my papers back it said my VIN # went to a cadilac escalade so I didnt go any further and just put her seat all the way back. I'll look around and see if I still have the papers but I dont think I do.

JUZ4TWO - I can shut any airbag off you want. Send me a message and we can deal with it. You must first apply for approval.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom