Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HELP! 1995 Coupe and Passenger side Airbag. Cut-off? Yes/No?

JUZ4TWO

Corvette
Pending Purhcase.......
I need info asap on this issue. I've come to find out that the passenger side airbag CANNOT be cutoff. Is this true? I think I have read where the airbag would require someone to make it non-functional. Is there a kit that disables this or not? I'm looking at purchasing a '94-'96 and I have a 2-yr old daughter, 6-yr old son, 9-yr old daughter that would be riding in the car on ocassion. If the airbag cannot be disabled I'm not gonna buy a C4. All info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

racsluos

Corvette
1987 Gold Coupe
I need info asap on this issue. I've come to find out that the passenger side airbag CANNOT be cutoff. Is this true? I think I have read where the airbag would require someone to make it non-functional. Is there a kit that disables this or not? I'm looking at purchasing a '94-'96 and I have a 2-yr old daughter, 6-yr old son, 9-yr old daughter that would be riding in the car on ocassion. If the airbag cannot be disabled I'm not gonna buy a C4. All info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I saw a 1996 on eBay with a passenger airbag on/off that someone with a child had added...

jrzvette

Corvette
1969 RED SB COUPE, 1993 BLACK ZF6 COUPE
Passenger side air bags were offered in 1994. If you don't want one at all you could buy a 93 or earlier model.

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
Passenger side air bags were offered in 1994. If you don't want one at all you could buy a 93 or earlier model.

jrzvette is right, just buy a 93 or earlier.

94conv.

Corvette
1994 red convertible
You have to apply for one and the dealer installs it, you can install it yourself but since its an airbag which I consider pretty darn sensitive since it can blow up in your face, I think I would let the dealer do it. I applied for one my 94' when I first got it because my then four year old daughter was riding with me but when I got my papers back it said my VIN # went to a cadilac escalade so I didnt go any further and just put her seat all the way back. I'll look around and see if I still have the papers but I dont think I do.

C

Chesh

JUZ4TWO - I can shut any airbag off you want. Send me a message and we can deal with it. You must first apply for approval.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom