Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

a VERY early 1983 -the 1984 "EARLIEST VIN C-4 CORVETTE OUTSIDE NATIONAL VETTE MUSEUM"

*89x2*

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...01QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6168QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

...also. some VERY good questions relating to early cars at the bottom of the auction :cool

Select a picture
1711_12.JPG

Can't see how he calls it an "83 1/2" as the VIN shows it as an 84 no matter when it was built or originally titled. The 10th digit of the VIN will be the letter E ofr the 1984 model year, and that's what his VIN shows.

-Only the first 13 C-4s were actually Vin designated as 1983 model year cars.

-Of the 1983s, C-4 Vin # 001 was kept by GM, the other 12 1983's were tested and then destroyed
???

I was alwyas under the impression that GM built 45 or 46 test cars and all were destroyed except for the white one that is in the NCM and that one IIRC was the one that came from GM.

These test cars may have had a 83 designation (letter D) but the cars should have also had an X as the final letter of the VIN. I don' tthink any of the cars were licensed other than having the Michigan Manufacturer's plates on the car for testing purposes.

It's sad that he took an 84 that was one of the first few and modded it. Car #521 would probably bring an awful lot more in the NCRS world that the current $5400 bid.

It's sad that he took an 84 that was one of the first few and modded it. Car #521 would probably bring an awful lot more in the NCRS world that the current $5400 bid.[/quote]

I agree. I am still not convinced that I should buy the first year of any model--unfortunately, Corvette included. Besides, I bought mine to drive, and I could never drive a museum piece. That said, I'll keep (and drive) my '90.

Cruise with the top down.

Mike
'90 'vert

It's sad that he took an 84 that was one of the first few and modded it. Car #521 would probably bring an awful lot more in the NCRS world that the current $5400 bid.

I agree with that, but you don't know when the first mods were done. It could have been within the first 5 yers of the car's life when it wasn't considered such a rarity.

Also, I'm sure there are more than a few people who would like to know how to message 400 hp out of a cross fire.

Turns out that a member over on the Corvette Forum has an '84 with a lower number VIN than this tool. :rotfl Think it's 484 or something in that area.

C4 Trivia...
The lowest regular production serial number ’84 in a private owners hands is serial number 1. It’s a white ’84 coupe. I have to check my photos for its exact prefix on the VIN, but that’s the lowest I’ve seen in person. The owner has brought it to several of our local shows over the years. The owner informed that it’s the only Corvette with the serial number of 1 ever be released to the public.

If I can dig up the photos of this car, I will post them here.

B17Crew
:w

i also have an early s/n 1984 corvette. s/n 2101 but IT IS ALL ORIGINAL, no work has been done on it, other than touch-up in 1990. we just went to the 2006 bloominmgton gold and got a silver certificate WITH 108K MILES on the clock. it is driven now just to shows and a bit of pleasure driving. too bad this 521 vette has been messed over, he does not know how bad he hurt the value.

Resale value will not be as much, but for whoever owns it, the performance/happyness value may be greater. We all enjoy our own cars the way we want to, for some I can understand keeping it as close to how it was when it came from the factory (Congrats on the silver certificate from Bloomington!). For other people it may mean anywhere from slight modding, to going over the top and building a 1,000hp street car.

Spring is here, weather is beautiful, nature is growing fresh green and the birds are singing...however ya'll wish to enjoy owning your vette's, best of wishes to you all for great roads to drive and big smiles on your faces...which to me is the greatest value that comes from owning one of these dream machines.

Resale value will not be as much, but for whoever owns it, the performance/happyness value may be greater. We all enjoy our own cars the way we want to, for some I can understand keeping it as close to how it was when it came from the factory (Congrats on the silver certificate from Bloomington!). For other people it may mean anywhere from slight modding, to going over the top and building a 1,000hp street car.

Spring is here, weather is beautiful, nature is growing fresh green and the birds are singing...however ya'll wish to enjoy owning your vette's, best of wishes to you all for great roads to drive and big smiles on your faces...which to me is the greatest value that comes from owning one of these dream machines.

HERE is that exact Ebay Corvette with Vin# 100521..... The only changes were to the exhaust and the ZR1 wheels and tires....I changed the brakes to 13" D/S rotors with Grand Sport PBR Calipers....158,687 on the clock and still runs great...small issuse with the cooling fan but thats it.......

i also have an early s/n 1984 corvette. s/n 2101 but IT IS ALL ORIGINAL, no work has been done on it, other than touch-up in 1990. we just went to the 2006 bloominmgton gold and got a silver certificate WITH 108K MILES on the clock. it is driven now just to shows and a bit of pleasure driving. too bad this 521 vette has been messed over, he does not know how bad he hurt the value.

IN WHAT WAY, Is this car Messed over?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom