Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM Junkie is a Genius

vetwanna

Corvette
1996 Polo Green Coupe
Had a little scare today on the way home traveling down the turnpike at 75-80 and all of a sudden my car cutting out and then running fine, this went on for about 10 miles and when I exited the turnpike and had to come to complete stop the car would really act up and stall. The good news was at least it would start back up and if I kept the rpm's up a little I could make last until I was moving again.:confused

Got home checked around the spark plug and opti coil connections and took her back out, now it seemed to be even worse.:W

So I gave Junk a call and unloaded my troubles on him, after about 10 seconds of thought he told me it sounds like the EGR valve is acting up, go get some cleaner and new gaskets take it off clean it up and reinstall it with the new gasket.:beer

It was too late to hit the part store so I removed the EGR cleaned it up and now old Thelma runs like her old self, trouble free and good to go.

I will pick up the new gasket and install this weekend but it sure is great to have people like Junk on this site that are will to share their knowledge with the other members. THanks Junk!!:boogie

It was too late to hit the part store so I removed the EGR cleaned it up and now old Thelma runs like her old self, trouble free and good to go.

I will pick up the new gasket and install this weekend but it sure is great to have people like Junk on this site that are will to share their knowledge with the other members. THanks Junk!!:boogie
Kevin,Don't forget 2 gaskets and a piece of Stainless Steel Screen!! Cut the screen just about a 1/6 inch bigger than the rectangle hole all 4 sides, then sandwich the screen between them with just a little permatex and let it dry for a bit, enough to keep them from slipping till you get it in place!!! And there will be no more problem!!!
Happy Motoring!!!!!:upthumbs

Kevin,Don't forget 2 gaskets and a piece of Stainless Steel Screen!! Cut the screen just about a 1/6 inch bigger than the rectangle hole all 4 sides, then sandwich the screen between them with just a little permatex and let it dry for a bit, enough to keep them from slipping till you get it in place!!! And there will be no more problem!!!
Happy Motoring!!!!!:upthumbs

JUNK... Never herd of him...:boogie

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom