Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Planet 67 gets under way...

DRTH,

That photo could have been taken most anytime around here. The locals have a way of enjoying life. :rotfl As for Red Green, he's our inspiration. :thumb

Hey, what's that over in the field?

29livcw.jpg

There must be a hundred of 'em.

688n7k.jpg

sqry9c.jpg

Looks like dinner. :D

Tammy and Jane Ann didn't show up, so I guess I'll find some local help to unload those doors. :thumb

2nrexc1.jpg

The three overhead doors are 2.5 weeks away.....coming from somewhere in Ohio, I think.

Please keep those geese up there we have enough of them down here as it is. What brand of door are you using we supply many of the manufacturers with parts.
BTW take one from the back of the flight the older birds are up front the young tender ones are to the rear.

I took a much-needed break for a few days, after pouring the floor, but got back at it today.

I got all three 2" x 10" overhead door-frames mounted, as well as the main east-facing window installed. Next, I'll install the north-facing window, followed by the French terrace doors.

2w4zn6u.jpg

rm5ves.jpg

Looks nice. When I did mine I put down 4 coats of sealer than went to Vegas for a week. It looked like a high dollar coating when I got back and was completely cured. You need to re-coat sealer every 2 or 3 years to keep it looking nice but it's economical and makes a nice surface that is easy to keep clean.

Reading the can again it doesn't say that you have to go to Vegas for a week but that does keep you off of the floor to allow a thorough curing.

Tom,

I wanted to use more coats, but the container says, "Roll or brush on an even thin coat. Do not use a second coat", right in the directions. ;shrug

Don't know why. :confused

It might just be a difference in the product. I looked downstairs for a can but I must have used it all. I think mine listed a curing time before recoating. It has been 4 or 5 years now and it is holding up well. I'd like to recoat the driver car garage but I don't know where I'd put all of the junk in the meantime.:L

Tom

The call came. All the overhead doors will be installed on Tuesday. Then, finally, I can get my final building inspection. Good thing it'll be closed in soon. We got snow flurries and high winds yesterday. The weather improved today, but I have a feeling it won't last. :D

Meanwhile, I've been kinda busy trying to get a few other outdoor projects completed before the big freeze.

Remember back a few pages and the discussion about the concrete patio? Time for it to bite the big one.
1zb6x4i.jpg

And, since the septic tank is under there, why not pump it out while we're at it?

20pc6bl.jpg

I feel 800 gallons lighter already. :rotfl

We all know how important it is to keep The Boss happy, right?

2la9frl.jpg

Front yard on Monday morning.

2ltfzth.jpg

2hewksy.jpg

2ykfedj.jpg

313k2vd.jpg

Front yard this afternoon.

The walkway around to the back and the new patio are next up. Momma's happy.

Soon, I can get back to the important stuff. The shop build.

Man, you have racked-stacked-packed a ton of points with the boss. She must feel in heaven...touche'...lol;LOL:L:eyerole

The walkway looks great. :w Lots of cuts, lots of labor. Worth the work.

Man, you have racked-stacked-packed a ton of points with the boss. She must feel in heaven...touche'...lol;LOL:L:eyerole

The walkway looks great. :w Lots of cuts, lots of labor. Worth the work.

Thanks, Gentlemen, but you ain't seen the half of it. ;)

25plqhh.jpg

18olys.jpg

dcwy6v.jpg

2unym21.jpg

wk48dz.jpg

Did I mention that I love playing in the dirt? :rotfl

nlx05y.jpg

5ybyja.jpg

I've gotta hurry up so I can re-focus on the shop build. :W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom