Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Planet 67 gets under way...

What are you doing here, Bob?

nlx05y.jpg

Jim,

We're laying a retaining wall, to be tied into the new, much larger patio. It's hard to see in the photo, but the land slopes down almost 2' there. The idea is to turn the area around the tree into shrubs and flowers, rather than grass.

The old concrete patio was in full sun most of the day. We decided to go back to grass on the west half of the old patio, and extend the new patio eastward under the trees so that we could choose between sun and shade at any time. We're using the same pavers and steps that we used in the new front walkway. :thumb When my labourers showed up, and I outlined the extent of the patio, they said, "Man, that is gonna be one large patio".

My wife is trying to restrain me from building a matching patio for my car-nut friends who drop by, on the raised area in front of the double-entry glass doors on the garage, but you know it's gonna happen. ;LOLAnd, we will have one unified sound system controlled FROM THE GARAGE. We definitely have our priorities set. :D

As I mentioned earlier, the overhead doors arrive on Tuesday......finally. The 1" x 12" pine (rough one side) is waiting at the lumber yard. Once the doors are up, I'll go get it and start staining all sides.

Heaven,

Here is a question that falls into the "too late" type of question...radiant floor heating would not have worked in the garage? I suspect one reason would have been how deep the frost line may be...;shrug

Gerry,

That falls into the "draw-the-line-somewhere" category. ;) Besides, with all that vapour barrier and Celfort insulation, it'll be plenty warm and dry enough for anything but a sleeping bag. :thumb

67HEAVEN said:
I forgot to mention the new septic tank risers (near the rear of the top photo above) we're installing to replace the concrete forms (bottom of above photo) that were tied in to the concrete patio.

Here's a close up. Their purpose is to eliminate the need to shovel down two feet to reach the tank lid when having it pumped out.

96wzh0.jpg

We keep getting closer to the garage.

1zn7x92.jpg

Final inspection day for the building tomorrow. :eek:hnoes

Man That looks great... I guess you couldn't pop a wheely on them there pavers. I keep forgetting it's a walk way. Hey I'm driven up for the grand 'Planet 67 " Grand Opening" :D

Man That looks great... I guess you couldn't pop a wheely on them there pavers. I keep forgetting it's a walk way. Hey I'm driven up for the grand 'Planet 67 " Grand Opening" :D

The "Velvet Rope" personal invitations will be going out in early '09, Mark, and you're high on the list. :rotfl

Plenty of free parking. :thumb

The "Velvet Rope" personal invitations will be going out in early '09, Mark, and you're high on the list. :rotfl

Plenty of free parking. :thumb

Just give me enough advance warning and a solid date and I'll book my hotel and make my Street's and trip Map up and cruz up in th 09.

I just hope "Entertainment Tonight" won't be there so I don't have to ware a Tux:D

Now I have to start praticing my Canadian...Ehhh :beer

Did you catch any of that snow or did the "lake effect" keep you clear?

-Mac

Congratulations on getting the OK from the inspector. :w
The last shot of the patio looks like you are trying to recreate Stonehenge. :L

Did you catch any of that snow or did the "lake effect" keep you clear?

-Mac

Those last two photos were taken yesterday. No snow here. :thumb

Snow to right of them,
Snow to left of them,
Snow in front of them,
Volley'd & thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell,
Rode the six hundred.

Just another winter in Eastern Canada..........as you'll begin to realize, Mac. You're in the snowy capitol.....I'm in the banana belt. :chuckle

Congratulations on getting the OK from the inspector. :w
The last shot of the patio looks like you are trying to recreate Stonehenge. :L

Gotta have a little fun now and then. ;)

That walk and patio are very nice. I need to take mine up and level some new sand again. I laid a base of crushed limestone (compacted) then sand on top and it still settled over the years. I think that the freeze/thaw cycles did the most to mess it up. I remember when I did mine it's brick) that I could hardly walk for a week afterward from all that time spent on my knees. I was in the landscape business then and in a lot better shape. It would kill me now. :L

Tom

Well, the biggest part is finished. We hauled a total of five tandems of concrete, cut pavers and clay out of here and brought in three tandems of A-gravel/sand and one (so far) of topsoil. There's 10" of compacted A-gravel/sand under the pavers.

1z23gic.jpg

sl693c.jpg

2ivmzop.jpg

9s4iog.jpg

All that's left is to bring in some more topsoil and sod to finish things up for the winter.

This weekend, I also moved three yards of clear gravel to this area behind the garage. Then, a layer of sand for levelling and 30 concrete patio slabs so that I can move a 10' x 10' shed across the yard to this location directly behind the garage. I thought it would be more attractive to have all the out buildings together.

2sbkbdi.jpg

The exterior 1" x 12" pine (1,300 board feet) arrived and is inside the garage, but I don't want to put it up until the aluminum soffits and fascia are installed. I'd do it myself, but bending the fascia requires both experience and equipment that I don't have. The installer is so busy, he can't give me a specific date yet. ;shrug

Meanwhile, it's going to get so warm this week that I'll be able to stain the pine (all four sides) inside the garage, before putting it up. :thumb

The fun never stops around here. :D

Yep, as from the beginning, it's all looking good!

Meanwhile, it's going to get so warm this week that I'll be able to stain the pine (all four sides) inside the garage, before putting it up. :thumb
Hell yeah! Definitely no complaints about the weather!

No Updates... Or Pic's....It's the 12th.... thought their would be something going on at the Planet..:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom