Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Planet 67 gets under way...

I just led VNV through EXACTLY that same single lower head bolt leak repair on his 2-year-old 502/502 the day before yesterday; maybe your engines are related :D.

Yeah...were related ok.... Thanks again John for the advice on the operation ..it was delicate surgery....:L

I've had some time off these days to do a bit of thinking.....and that's a dangerous thing. ;)

So, without further ado, sit yourself down some summer evening in Planet67, and prepare to enjoy the....

ENTERTAINMENT.

I need some ideas for interior design. I'm thinking drive-in theatre. How about you? Ideas?
:upthumbs

Bob, I can see right now, by the time it's finished, I'm going to sell my house and come live in your garage. :D

:wJane Ann

Drive-in Theatre? I looked back and didn't see where you pre-wired the floor for speaker posts. ;LOL

I need some ideas for interior design. I'm thinking drive-in theatre. How about you? Ideas?
If your going to do a theater you will need to do the outside around one overhead door in the same theme. There is also the service station theme you could go with, but again you need a couple gas pumps, oil stand, etc. out front.And don't forget the car beside the building that needs repair.:chuckle
You could go wild and do both , a stall for each.

Darn it is fun telling someone else how to spend their money.:D

Glenn
:w

If your going to do a theater you will need to do the outside around one overhead door in the same theme.

Hey, good idea, Glenn. Nostalgic without being too gawdy. ;)

I'm trying to come up with an idea for interior wall design to help set the mood. We can use tiny potlights to represent the night-time sky. The first three arrivals get to bring their cars inside, alongside HEAVEN. Updated window-hung drive-in speakers are available on eBay. Later arrivals set up chairs. :D We could probably seat 40.

A large screen on the back wall; a DLP projector; a computer and DVD player; and a good sound system. All we'd need, at that point, is some beer and popcorn......oh.....and waitresses on rollerskates. ;LOL

It's all coming together.

Take a look at LED lights for your accents. They are coming more available in the screw in type. I found some at Sam's Club. They give off a very natural light. Last time I was there I noticed they had about three diff. styles . The ones I got are 45 watt output and use only 3.5 watts. Menards also has strip lights and the under cabinet lights in LED.
American Lighting Products

Glenn

Take a look at LED lights for your accents. They are coming more available in the screw in type. I found some at Sam's Club. They give off a very natural light. Last time I was there I noticed they had about three diff. styles . The ones I got are 45 watt output and use only 3.5 watts. Menards also has strip lights and the under cabinet lights in LED.
American Lighting Products

Glenn

Great idea. I didn't want to get too far away from white walls in the shop, as good lighting is essential to successful restoration projects. BUT, I did want to be able to create a different atmosphere for the occasional movie weekend party, or Hockey Night in Canada party.

A secondary lighting method would seem to offer good possibilities for creating a mood when the big fluorescent fixtures are switched off. Creative mood lighting rather than wall colour is a very great idea, Glenn. :thumb

Hmmm...........simulated vehicle side-marker lights on the walls to represent other cars in the drive-in; simulated stars-in-the-sky lights way up in the vaulted ceiling; why we could even hang a moon in the existing skylight. :boogie

This could be plenty 'o fun. ;)

With your planning ability this thing may really come together. When it is done I just may get the idea I want to come and see it.:D

Glenn

What colour would you like for your room? :upthumbs

I can't believe you have to ask. :chuckle

Finally - motivation! I'll have to lose weight to get into one of those little waitress skirts.

:L

All kidding aside, my first post-retirement project will be fixing my shop up like an old service station. I've been collecting photos and websites for design ideas for awhile now.

ebay is a wonderful thing. This may even be close to the right color of red.
I like the idea of "star" lights in the ceiling

I found a guy eight years ago with a whole warehouse full of brand-new drive-in theater speakers (purchased to renovate a drive-in theater that was sold to a real estate developer instead of being renovated), and bought a couple.

Mounted them on PVC plastic pipe painted silver, and mounted them on wheel covers as bases; I installed female speaker jacks in the valve stem holes and wired them to the speaker leads; plug a male jack from an amplifier or tuner output into them, and you have sound (not GREAT sound, but then again they're not Bose speakers) :).

I found a guy eight years ago with a whole warehouse full of brand-new drive-in theater speakers (purchased to renovate a drive-in theater that was sold to a real estate developer instead of being renovated), and bought a couple.

Mounted them on PVC plastic pipe painted silver, and mounted them on wheel covers as bases; I installed female speaker jacks in the valve stem holes and wired them to the speaker leads; plug a male jack from an amplifier or tuner output into them, and you have sound (not GREAT sound, but then again they're not Bose speakers) :).

Geez John, if my garage didn't look any better than that I wouldn't post pictures of it. :D

Holy pooh-pooh, that looks more like a museum than a garage...I'm impressed.:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom