Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: '01 6spd Exhaust Removal On Jackstands???

manley845

Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Ragtop
So I am new to this forum, and new to C5's

Well, I found a nice '01 6 speed Conv't with only 24k on the ticker and of course it's all stock and I just can't have that.

So, I ordered a Borla straight pipe kit and want to install it in my garage.
My question is whether or not there will be enough room to wriggle the stock exhaust out or if I need to really get the thing in the air to have enough room.

Just curious from those who may have removed their own exhausts without cutting it off

Thanks

First off Welcome to CAC. I think that you can get them off, but you'll have to get the car about 30" off the floor. I took mine down to the school where I teach and used the 2 post lift in the auto shop. this made it simple. But the Corsa install instructions say (IIRC) to get it up at least 30" in order to remove the mufflers in one piece.

well, I got the exhaust up and it sounds great. For the money, you really can't beat the Borla straight pipes. And they aren't that loud unless you're really getting on it; much quiter than my '09 Charger V6 with straight pipes as far as resonance goes.

Good job! How high did you have to go with it, the 30" like my instructions said?

Good job! How high did you have to go with it, the 30" like my instructions said?

Not really, the tires were only about 3-4" off the ground. I didn't want to cut the exhaust, but I was too excited to hear the exhaust so I cut it to make it easier to remove. It was a straight forward install really, but the brackets didn't line up and I had to enlarge one of the bolt holes. Just a couple extra minutes of work is all.

The straight pipes are really the way to go :D hehe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom