Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1970 LT-1 on Ebay - Wow!

Damn. I haven't even called the insurance company yet and I've got to up the agreed value by more? Yikes.

Original '72 LT-1 Air Coupe w/all options and all docs (window sticker, tank sticker, protect-o plate, etc.) in good driver condition - really needs a frame off but can live like this indefinately. 108K documented original miles.

What do you think I could get for her at BJ?
Eric, I don't think you have to rush to increase your insurance. From what I've seen, it takes a while before the trickle down effect increases the value of our cars . I had mine appraised last year and it came in at $36,500 - the same guy that appraised it told me a year earlier that I "stole" it, and that I could easily get $50K for it.

I know of a guy selling a 34000 mile original 72 LT-1 Air coupe. It is in absolutely perfect condition. I heard a rumor that he is asking 60K for it, and I think it's worth it.

Keep in mind that the big money follows the cars that are flawlessly restored, in pristine condition, with full documentation and NCRS/Bloomington Gold awards; not every LT-1 is worth that kind of money, although lots of people who own an LT-1 will think so for the next few months due to "Barrett-Jackson-itis". ;LOL

Keep in mind that the big money follows the cars that are flawlessly restored, in pristine condition, with full documentation and NCRS/Bloomington Gold awards; not every LT-1 is worth that kind of money, although lots of people who own an LT-1 will think so for the next few months due to "Barrett-Jackson-itis". ;LOL

Well, my car has never gone to Bloomington but the appraisal rated it as a #1 car.

Who cares, its priceless eh?:upthumbs

I have no idea why it would matter, its all yours....thats what really counts.
IMHO...

Only so that it's properly insured! :)

Eric, I don't think you have to rush to increase your insurance. From what I've seen, it takes a while before the trickle down effect increases the value of our cars . I had mine appraised last year and it came in at $36,500 - the same guy that appraised it told me a year earlier that I "stole" it, and that I could easily get $50K for it.

You're probably right, although I haven't upped the "agreed value" on my policy for a few years.

I know of a guy selling a 34000 mile original 72 LT-1 Air coupe. It is in absolutely perfect condition. I heard a rumor that he is asking 60K for it, and I think it's worth it.

Nice! That's pretty low mileage! I hope he gets it!

Yeah, I know where my car's warts are! :D I just want to make sure I'm covered if one of our CA shakers does some damage.

Thanks!

Original '72 LT-1 Air Coupe w/all options and all docs (window sticker, tank sticker, protect-o plate, etc.) in good driver condition - really needs a frame off but can live like this indefinately. 108K documented original miles.

;shrugNot sure Erik, but let me know when you fine out. I also have an Original "72 LT-1 Air coupe w/all options & docs ~ 68k miles.

bullshark

I sent the guy that appraised my car last year (Ron's Corvette Restorations, Fitchburg, MA) an email asking him if I should have my car re-appraised ($100.00) again this year due to the high prices I've seen the LT-1's going for recently. He said we should hold off 'till late spring, early summer to see if the prices stay where they are.

Damn. I haven't even called the insurance company yet and I've got to up the agreed value by more? Yikes.

Erik,

Did you ever find the magazine ad you were looking for?? I've meant to dig out that old thread because I thought it was so neat! You should kick it up to the top again so a whole new set of eyes can be on the lookout for it.

:w Jane Ann

Erik,

Did you ever find the magazine ad you were looking for?? I've meant to dig out that old thread because I thought it was so neat! You should kick it up to the top again so a whole new set of eyes can be on the lookout for it.

:w Jane Ann

Nope - I still haven't located it.

I'm not sure I could ever find the thread again, but I guess I could try. ;)

1970 was the best year for LT1`s and actually the best of the 1970`s Corvettes period. :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom