Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

30 years of GM.

Joe Potipco

Corvette
1981 Silver Coupe.
Hi everyone, When I hit 30yrs. in General Motors, I thought I need a new toy. What better toy than a GM Icon. I allways like the C-3s and i did not have a big buget to play with, It took awhile to talk my wife into it, till she seen the car I showed in the driveway,[ YOU BOUGHT THAT,DIDN'T YOU!] She did like it, and told me after. The car had one owner,and took very good care her, I have the bill of sale from new.36000 miles showing, 59000 kms. Canadian. Interior and engine is mint, Body and paint looks like it came off show room floor. Just for fun I took the car to a local car show a week after a bought the car, There was over 400 entries , and brought home a trophy in Best of Class-80-89. Now the wife likes the car a little better. Spring is near and I got the itch. :cool Joe.

smilies-42650.png

Wow - that's a great story!! Welcome Joe and congrats on becoming the latest keeper of the Legend!!

You've come to a great place and will find lots of good people here at the CAC who love to share their passion and information about Corvettes.

Here are a couple of links that may interest you:
this is the 1981 Corvette Forum Index Page Click
and this is the 1981 Model Center Page Click

Post photos when you can, we'd love to see pictures of such a pristine survivor!

:w Jane Ann

:) welcome to the cac,:) :) hope you enjoy, be safe with your new toy.:) :) :) billy

Sounds like a good find Joe! After 30 years you deserve it.

:w Joe,

Welcome to the family :upthumbs

Please take a couple minutes and Register your 1981 at our L81 VetteRegistry Data Base.

Sounds like a fantastic find and with the documentation provided, it just is a FANTASTIC FIND ;) ... Enjoy the :Steer and what all CAC and the Registry have to offer ;)

Bud

'bout time!

Welcome aboard! :w

My wife wasn't too keen on our first vette either ("Why would you need something like that...?") but after some caravan events, as well as just everyday rides, she admits she loves the corvette experience. It really is an American icon. Thanks for your years at GM to help make it happen.

Dave

05CoupeDelivery.jpg

welcome to CAC!!!:CAC
hope you enjoy the vette as well as the forums!!!!!!
My wife was the reason I bought my vette in the first place!!!!:beer
I wasn't looking for it....It was looking for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :upthumbs :upthumbs

Welcome Joe; and congratulations on finding your gem of a Vette; the smile is permanent, you have been biten!

Bill

What a great find!

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center! You are going to really enjoy yourself here.

SAVE THE :w

Hi everyone, When I hit 30yrs. in General Motors, I thought I need a new toy. What better toy than a GM Icon. I allways like the C-3s and i did not have a big buget to play with, It took awhile to talk my wife into it, till she seen the car I showed in the driveway,[ YOU BOUGHT THAT,DIDN'T YOU!] She did like it, and told me after. The car had one owner,and took very good care her, I have the bill of sale from new.36000 miles showing, 59000 kms. Canadian. Interior and engine is mint, Body and paint looks like it came off show room floor. Just for fun I took the car to a local car show a week after a bought the car, There was over 400 entries , and brought home a trophy in Best of Class-80-89. Now the wife likes the car a little better. Spring is near and I got the itch. :cool Joe.

Welcome, Joe, and congrats on your 30 years with GM!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom