Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

53 Corvette #29 (x2?)

Oh and one other thing...after spending some time on a couple of the other Corvette forums researching this, I've discovered a few users that seem to have the same information in their profiles as here.

I think they're called "aliases", but the irony of all of these profiles is uncanny. I'm starting to wonder why.

Couple other things (sorry, I'm on a roll now)....

I would like to issue two requests here:

1. I would encourage the owner of the #029 car in Florida as well as anyone that knows the owner to bring the car to the NCRS Winter Regional event and allow the car to be subjected to a thorough investigation
  2. This thread is getting a lot of outside publicity from people that are not members here. I encourage those of you that are knowledgeable about 1953 Corvettes and could help shed some light on all of this to please register here and chime in.
Corvette Action Center - Register

Registration here is quick and easy, and membership is free. The more knowledge and expertise we can get into this thread, the more understanding I and many others will have in how this all could have come to be and how it could be avoided in the future.

BTW, what is the woman's name that owns #029 in FL and what part of FL does she live in.

Either post it here, or PM the information to me.

But in this case it is pure FRAUD and it has now affected some little old lady that cannot get here husband's car registered now.

So help me understand something.

If this little old lady and her husband, have owned this car for so many years...and it's a two owner car, then she should already have the title to the car in-hand.

WHERE IS THE TITLE AND WHY CAN HER HUSBAND NOT REGISTER THE CAR NOW?

My question is If the #29 car in FL. was titled in the 2nd owners name back whenever in the state of FL. why would they have to retitle it again and even if the car has not been on the road in years and has not had FL. plates on it for years, it should still be registered and titled in the state of FL. back when the second owners bought it and retitled the car in there name.True or Not?

My question is If the #29 cat in FL. was titled inthe 2nd owners name back whenever in the state of FL. why would they have to retitle it again and even if the car has not been on the road in years and has not had FL. plates on it for years, it should still be registered in the state of FL. back when the second owners bought it and retitled the car in there name.True or Not?
Good questions.

this could be the makings of a future TV reality show!!!! Stay tuned!;LOL

maybe it is named "General Corvette"....:rotfl :upthumbs :rotfl

this could be the makings of a future TV reality show!!!! Stay tuned!;LOL

maybe it is named "General Corvette"....:rotfl :upthumbs :rotfl

Maybe we could get Jon Gosselin to host it!

All kidding aside, I think the ugly side of the hobby is inside some of the people & manifests in what they'll say or do. :ugh

A little off topic, but I like the ad on the top of the page.
Stop Collector Car Fraud! Deals with fraudulent documentation and title problems :L

My question is If the #29 car in FL. was titled in the 2nd owners name back whenever in the state of FL. why would they have to retitle it again and even if the car has not been on the road in years and has not had FL. plates on it for years, it should still be registered and titled in the state of FL. back when the second owners bought it and retitled the car in there name.True or Not?

I think that there is some kind of cutoff date on title validity if the car shows no registration activity after a number of years. I did not think to ask that question until late this afternoon. I asked a friend who deals with the FL DMV people all the time to ask them and she will be gitting back to me on Monday. I think this would be a question anyone who has title to a car that he/she plans to restore. I have a 55 I am doing that I had a FL title issued for but never got plates for so I have a do in this hunt too. IE just how long is that title good for without some activity to show the car is still in my possession?

In this reguard this thread is of interest to all of us which is why I posted a link in the NCRS forum

Tyler

I think that there is some kind of cutoff date on title validity if the car shows no registration activity after a number of years. I did not think to ask that question until late this afternoon. I asked a friend who deals with the FL DMV people all the time to ask them and she will be gitting back to me on Monday. I think this would be a question anyone who has title to a car that he/she plans to restore. I have a 55 I am doing that I had a FL title issued for but never got plates for so I have a do in this hunt too. IE just how long is that title good for without some activity to show the car is still in my possession?

In this reguard this thread is of interest to all of us which is why I posted a link in the NCRS forum

Tyler
I have never heard of a cut off date for an old title in FL. I owned a car that had a title from the mid 70's and was able to transfer it into my name last year. Now if someone creates a new VIN and gets new paperwork in another state, your paperwork would no longer be good. In that case you would have to contact the state of FL and start an investigation.

...Now if someone creates a new VIN and gets new paperwork in another state, your paperwork would no longer be good. In that case you would have to contact the state of FL and start an investigation.

I can only speak for Kentucky, but here the VIN inspection- which is required for all out of State vehicles that are to be registered in the commonwealth- consists of the Sheriff looking at the VIN with his eyes. Perhaps they run the VIN- I don't know. But regardless- the "inspection" isn't really intensive.

I imagine it is the same with most states- not very intensive.

I can only speak for Kentucky, but here the VIN inspection- which is required for all out of State vehicles that are to be registered in the commonwealth- consists of the Sheriff looking at the VIN with his eyes. Perhaps they run the VIN- I don't know. But regardless- the "inspection" isn't really intensive.

From my understanding of Indiana, it is the same way and that is how he got his #29 registered, if the VIN tag looks legit to a cop who does not know the difference between tags, then it is easy I would guess?

I have never heard of a cut off date for an old title in FL. I owned a car that had a title from the mid 70's and was able to transfer it into my name last year. Now if someone creates a new VIN and gets new paperwork in another state, your paperwork would no longer be good. In that case you would have to contact the state of FL and start an investigation.

FL DMV said they have no dog in this fight, it is up to the owner to contact IN to have the title revoked there first. They did say if the fake car was done on a FL title they would/could take action.

I know of a case in FL where a car was reported stolen in FL in the early 90s. In 2001 a person tried to get a title for a frame he had bought. They would not issue a title and notified the Ins company who paid off the claim. The original owner who reported the theft went to jail since he was the one who sold the frame to the guy trying to title it. The ins company filed the charges.

Tyler

Actually in the state of Florida it only has to be notary who inspects the vin and verfies it appears to be valid. Thats how I did it with my prototype when I had it registered in FL with a GA title since I did not want to drive it to the DMV.

Tyler

If I'm correct the Fla owner is widowed and is probably attempting to get the title changed from her deceased husband's name into hers.

If I'm correct the Fla owner is widowed and is probably attempting to get the title changed from her deceased husband's name into hers.

You are correct, Tom.

Given that the Fla car has 30+ years of title history, and the "other" 029 car has only a few months of history, I would think that this should be a no-brainer for the DMV people!

If you guys are waiting for the owner of the "other" 029 car to step forward and clear this all up, I hope your are not holding your breath waiting for this to happen.:boogie
It is probably in his best interest to keep his head down and wait for this all to go away. Anything he would say now would probably just dig that hole he is in even deeper!

Regards, John McGraw

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom