Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'67 L-88 sells for $615K at Bloomington

PTighe

Corvette
'67 Convertible and '03 Z06
Yesterday at the Bloomington Gold Barrett-Jackson auction, Dave Burroughs '67 L-88 coupe sold for $615K to Roger Judsky. It has 12 original miles and is one example of 20 built at St. Louis. In the picture below you can still see the window sticker.

While $615K sounds like a lot of money, it seems that Italian exotics can fetch a lot more. Take for instance, one '62 Ferrari 250 GTO, one of 39 built, that a few years ago was auctioned off for slightly less than $3 million. I guess the price of these toys depends on which money bracket you're in!! :eek

67l88.1.jpg

I agree, nice car, BUT, back in 1998, at Bloomington Gold, the car fetched a bid price of $850,000, and did not hit the reserve of $1 million.

Needless to say, it didn't sell back then. So, you never know!!

Jeff

increadable.

So this car is the real deal.that means there are only 19 others.I wonder out of the 19 other how many have this type of a ROCK SOLID no excuse documentaion.History.How maney of these were race cars and have the raceing pedegree and are still around,

Can you believe that that car and the 69 ZL1 rode back in the same trailer to Orlando. Talk about putting all your eggs in the same basket.

Tyler

I wonder how many of the other 19 can be accounted for.

What really kills me about this car is that it doesn't have the original motor! It seems as though the original block was missing when the original owner sold the car. If this is true then I think that the price is a bit steep! Think of it..a 12 mile nom L-88! From what I have read about this car it is a bit of a mystery as to what happened to the original engine. The first owner doesn't seem to want to know or talk about the car..he could answer the question about the whereabouts of the engine. Why would a car that was disassembled and never driven be missing the motor? Does anyone here know more?

I have always heard it said that of the original 20 L-88's for 1967, only about 300 still exist! :upthumbs

L88

67HEAVEN,thanks for the article it was a great read

I'll take my 67 that I can drive and enjoy with other car nuts...and I paid a whole lot less :D

Gee, I remember when it was brokering for only a paltry $500 Gs!

I gotta steal one from Bob...
heartbeat.gif

I too, love this car! :love

...and money be damned! I wanna drive it!! :Steer

thanks for the article to read-very enjoyable-
well i know of another one of the 20-my great grandfater started a chevrolet dealership in 1919 and he sold a l88 to a local guy here- he inturn sold it to a friend-also local--last time i saw the car -about 1 year ago it was still pretty nice-unfortunatly it was at a memorial service for him--he had never married or didnt have kids -so in his will he left the L88 to his best friends daughter. she dosn't want to sell it -i tried.:cry :cry

Nice piece of furniture, I doubt you will see it at a cruise night. Investment cars are just that, use them price goes down, you buy them to sell them later to make money, now is that what Corvettes were made for:confused :confused :confused

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom