Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

72 coupe Project pics

Thanks Tom,
Youre certainly right about the welds by GM.
But if we think about it, at the time it was good enough and all the cars were built that way.

I had the welder for about a week or so and we didn't run out of shielding gas for nothing. I played with it almost everyday at first trying to weld some scrap coupons. Didn't work very well I was punching holes more than anything. LOL. Then Réjean (he's the real welder and a great teacher) came and gave me tons of advice, he took time to explain what was going on with the gas and settings and difference in settings ect, the guy was very patient, I owe him one for that.

I dont know if I learn fast but when I get into something it's like an obsession, that week the only thing in my mind was "welding" the rest of the project didn't matter.
Anyway,
I made the gussets and weld tacked then all. I did about half of the welds. The straight line anyway. He did all the complicated welds, (corners and larger gaps etc.)
I just noticed that if you click on the pics you can have acces to the rest of the pics taken that day theres more pics.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom