Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

88 TT for sale in Vermont

SCVette

Corvette
'90 Callaway TT, '88 Callaway TT, 72 SC BB
Through a thread on my local vette group, I heard about an 88 White w/ red interior TT vette for sale.
The Precision Valley Corvette Museum is selling off most of their collection to remodel their facility into a sports bar and their last car for sale is the 88.

This is the info I recieved and the contact number for Matt is 802.886.1400.
[from my vettenet group]
"Hi Everyone,
The Corvette Museum in Vermont has a 1988 Twin Turbo with 40,000 miles on
it. Matt Aldredge, at the museum is asking $24,900. It is white with red
interior. It appeared to be in pretty good shape when I saw it last Friday. Just
thought someone might be interested.

Regards,
Gary "
Check out their website at http://vettepassion.com/index.html

I have no personal connection or interest(other than its a Callaway) in this car.

slow_proceed_with_caution.jpg

Taylor, thanks for the heads up - May be a fun driver - the past owner (orig.) chimed in and gave details of the car - some of that is mentioned in the 1988 Callaway Corvette in a museum thread: :cool

BTW, how are your Callaways doing??

You may be interested in this thread: C02 cooling effects
Enjoy! :v :m

Taylor, thats a salvage car. Tell you friend to be careful.

*89x2* said:
Taylor, thanks for the heads up - May be a fun driver - the past owner (orig.) chimed in and gave details of the car - some of that is mentioned in the 1988 Callaway Corvette in a museum thread: :cool

BTW, how are your Callaways doing??

You may be interested in this thread: C02 cooling effects
Enjoy! :v :m

My Callaways are doing great! We have moved to central Texas for the winters and I brought my '90 TT Aerobody, '04 SRT10 ram and 71 chevelle down to the land of 'high air density'.
We got down here last year in October, just in time to catch the 'Texas Mile' http://texasmile.com/resultsoctober2005.asp and I entered the Callaway.
With a tech session which required me to borrow a bungy cord to strap the battery down, I was on the runway blasting full speed at full boost. There were some technical difficulties with the timing lights on the Sunday so my first run on motor/boost only, was not recorded. The car ran clean, smooth and at 54 inhg of boost.
"Speaking of CO2 cooling"
While I waited(for an hour) for my second run with boost and a small shot of nitrous I got In Good with the Subaru club who told me to stop by their booth and get some dry ice for the intercoolers. They showed me how they chipped a 3" thick block of solid CO2 off around the corners and mounted it on top of the intercooler of their Wrxs and Imprezas.
On my second run I launced and once into 2nd gear armed the nitrous. I ran the whole mile pushing 60inhg with an air/fuel ratio just a little lean for my liking for nitrous. It was recorded at 167.079mph. The car felt solid and stable all the way down the track with no brake fade at the end.
I then went to meet up with the Subaru guys who set me up with the dry ice blocks. I used a wrench to chip the edges off to where the hood would close around them and waited for a few minutes for my 3rd run.
Run 3, consisted of me realizing that 12lb of boost, 100hp shot of nitrous and intercoolers chilled to -109 degrees F, that there is no way that my expensive kevlar clutch (which has given me problems from day 1) will not hold. By 3rd gear the motor starts revving, the clutch is slipping, there is nothing to do but ride it easy down the mile and hang my head.
I was 8mph away from getting kicked off the track for my cars maximum speed (175mph) without a roll bar. The timing lights were again malfunctioning so no speed recorded for me(slow anyway).
My 167mph run put me at 31st position for the event, which is in the range of Vipers(with exhaust/intake mods) and many of the larger displacement super bikes.
I believe that with a newer clutch and a little more fuel enrichment(maybe some propane) that I can hit the magic 175mph mark in the 5280foot run.
This event is held twice a year and is a great time, with unlimited runs over a 2 day period and a lot of very cool fast vehicles.

One of the biggest things I learned running the standing mile is that after the first 1/2 mile nothing happens fast but the second half. Pulling in 6th gear is long and tedious and once you are at 140-150mph(about 1/2mile) the car does not accelerate like it does in the first half. At those speeds the second half is a blink but the way the car is pulling it feels like forever!

I didn't get any personal pictures but there may soon be event picturex with the aerobody on their site.

Sorry, for such a long story but with living down here where the racing season is 12 month long there is always something to break and stories to be told.(speaking of breaking, The SRT10 viper motor is another story for another day)
Late,
Taylor

Awesome write up!!! Glad to hear the B2k performed well. Maybe you should look into the McLeod Twin disk to harness the power.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom