Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

90 ZR-1 for 18K... Is this a good deal?

I'll agree with the injector problems. I pulled my top end for a port and polish and I could not believe how bad my secondary injectors had rusted. This is on '92 with 36k miles and I run with valet key on at all times. Plus the fact that half the injector housing bolts were finger tight. One other thing I would recommend is that if you pull the plenum off put small wire bundle ties on all vacuum line connections, this may prevent problems down the road. Good luck!

remember to join the registry and post over on our forum....lots of good people there

It hasn't happened yet... we're still working out the details. I really don't like doing long-distance purchases and relying on an unknown mechanic to inspect it for me. I can't afford to travel, purchase AND ship the vehicle though.

Keeping my fingers crossed....

I'll agree with the injector problems. I pulled my top end for a port and polish and I could not believe how bad my secondary injectors had rusted. This is on '92 with 36k miles and I run with valet key on at all times. Plus the fact that half the injector housing bolts were finger tight. One other thing I would recommend is that if you pull the plenum off put small wire bundle ties on all vacuum line connections, this may prevent problems down the road. Good luck!

Wow... I think I'm going to have to find a good LT5 mechanic in the Denver area. I don't mind trying some things myself, but I've never worked on a car without a carburetor before!

Wow... I think I'm going to have to find a good LT5 mechanic in the Denver area. I don't mind trying some things myself, but I've never worked on a car without a carburetor before!
Get the shop manuals and do it yourself. it's not hard at all

I was a carb guy too before getting my first z. you will find these easier to work on once you understand what each part does . get an inj book and you will see what I mean. also you can get accel inj for 1/2 the price of rcs'. contact mark haibeck for the info on them

Well, I picked up my 'new' car... a black 1990 ZR-1! Black interior, both tops. After driving her cross country she's got just over 18,000 miles. It's a suprisingly comfortable car for such a long (~2,000 miles) drive.

Although the car is in really good shape for a 17 year old vehicle, there's some work to be done. The idle isn't smooth at all, which suprised me a little. It even stalled once. On the bright side, everything works, even the Bose.

Time to track down some shop manuals.

Well, I picked up my 'new' car... a black 1990 ZR-1! ...

Congrats!! :m

Take a look in the ZR-1 forum... I recall awhile back a "new" ZR-1 owner posting about rough idle and stalling, maybe you can find some good info in his thread.

Enjoy - and we want to see some PHOTOS VERY SOON!!

:wJane Ann

Congrats!! :m

Take a look in the ZR-1 forum... I recall awhile back a "new" ZR-1 owner posting about rough idle and stalling, maybe you can find some good info in his thread.

Enjoy - and we want to see some PHOTOS VERY SOON!!

:wJane Ann

Thanks.... gotta clean her up first, then some pix.

Well, I picked up my 'new' car... a black 1990 ZR-1! Black interior, both tops.
Both tops??? Weren't the ZR1's a fixed roof? :confused

no. There were no fixed roof c4's. by 1991 I believe the only option you could get on the ZR-1 was the dual roof option...the rest of the "options" were standard

congrads on the ZR-1

No, targa... have both the glass top and the painted one. So it was a tight fit driving with the extra roof, pizza box, etc cross-country. Cozy even.

Doug

no. There were no fixed roof c4's. by 1991 I believe the only option you could get on the ZR-1 was the dual roof option...the rest of the "options" were standard

congrads on the ZR-1

Thanks! I just hope these hail/thunder storms will end soon so I can show it off.

Are you going to bring her to any of the CruiseFest activities? Hope to see you there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom