Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

96 Cpe 4Sale

R

red96cpe

I'm selling my 96 Coupe, 34,000 miles, Red, Auto. Interior is perfect, including the seats. Only mod done was an open cover and KN filter. The tires are still original and will probably go for another 5k or so. There is absolutley nothing wrong with this car and it will drive anywhere...anytime. I'm trying to get $16,500 or something close. Email me at jpz89130@lvcm.com. Please be serious if you respond. I'm trying to buy a bigger house and need the cash.

Is my asking price too high? I just listed the car in VetteFinders for $16,000.

I'm looking for any reasonable offer! Not trying to make any money on this sale. I need to sell to help qualify for a home loan. I'll take ANY reasonable offer to make the sale happen. I haven't seen anything priced even close to this year and mileage...but I'm still willing to make someone a sweet deal. I can be reached at 702-743-8951.

96 vette

I just (April '04) bought a Torch Red '96 cpe w/ 52K miles for $15250, I thought I got a heck of a deal. You should get 16 for yours if it's as you say.

Hi Red-

Let me talk to the wife - we have been looking for a driver for her - yours sounds like a very nice one. I'll gage her interest and let you know. You are absolutely in the ballpark $ wise!

best regards -

mqqn

yea, we bought our (all stock) aqua 96 coupe over a year ago with 50k miles and new tires. paid 15k for it.

Rain said:
yea, we bought our (all stock) aqua 96 coupe over a year ago with 50k miles and new tires. paid 15k for it.
Hi Rain -

I have been looking at a lot of C4's - I drove a friends collectors edition with LT4 - it was very nice - I like the closed in cockpit feel of the interior - not much foot room though.

I guess it's true - the newer the better.

Do the 96's have the dreaded "opti spark" system?

best regards -

mqqn

Yea, the late C4s all have the opti. But, from what I've read, the 96 has a vented Opti.
I guess it combated the moisture problem.

I've had no problems with mine. When I clean the engine, its with rags and an air line.
Driving thru rain storms and average puddles is not a problem either.
I think driving thru flooded streets would be a NoNo. haha

So I would not be afraid of the optispark, just be mindful of getting that area of the engine wet.

The 96 models are pretty reliable Vettes. Many folks us em as daily drivers.
We did until Susan was too pregnant to get behind the wheel.
Me, Im 6 foot 1 and 210 lbs and have no problem driving 9 hours in ours. Love the way you can actually FEEL the car. Very hands on experience.
Have never owned a C5, but I do hear that they are a bit more removed from the sporty feel. Its been slightly replaced with refinement and luxury. Even more so with the C6 models.

A step back a series to the C3s puts you in a Vette that allows you to feel the power of the engine as well as the relief of the road. Seems everything older is the same way.

If my budget was 10-18k, I would be looking at 1995 or 1996 models. The Grand Sport or the Collectors models. And one that was owned by someone who was more than just a driver. An enthusiast would want too much $ for his vette. But, you might find a motivated seller out there.

Get the cleanest, lowest mile model you can. (but not too low) buddy of mine has a collectors edition that just sits and sits. Every time he wants to crank it to go for a spin(once or twice a year ) something has locked up, seized, or dry rotted.

My thought when shopping was : 1996 was the last of a long run of C4s. They had to have gotten all of the bugs worked out by then! hahah

Good luck and keep us posted

Rain

In Agreement

I agree with the concept of finding something that has been driven. I have an LT4 CE with 85k miles on it. In comparison, that may seem high to other 96's. However, I do not have one single issue with this car. No leaks, drips or spills. One that has been driven a little more than another shouldn't worry you as long as it has been cared for and most importantly (in my humble opinion) stored inside.

Well if this Vette is still for sale, I would be very interested in it. I tried to e-mail you but it bounced back as undeliverable.

Please e-mail pics to tomcorbettt@hotmail.com

Thanks

The best C4 year!

Hi Rain

I have to agree with you that the 96 is the best of the C4's except the special editions like the Z-1, Grand Sport and the Lt4 engine.

Alan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom