Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ac 44 plug.

mcditalia

Corvette
1966 convertible, 327 L79
Disclaimer: already read a lot about the respective heat ranges of ac plugs.

with that being said, if I was to use a 44 plug on my SB for mostly highway driving and little stop and go, what would work better, a 44S with extended tip (non resistor) or a resistor 44r with normal tip? I can get both NOS, but cant find just a 44, or I should say a set within a reasonable price. Wanted to experiment with the factory 44's and note any changes.

Disclaimer: already read a lot about the respective heat ranges of ac plugs.

with that being said, if I was to use a 44 plug on my SB for mostly highway driving and little stop and go, what would work better, a 44S with extended tip (non resistor) or a resistor 44r with normal tip? I can get both NOS, but cant find just a 44, or I should say a set within a reasonable price. Wanted to experiment with the factory 44's and note any changes.

I'd avoid the "S" (extended tip) with your L-79; there have been reports of the tip contacting the pistons on the SHP engines with domed pistons.

:beer

Yes i read that too but way after the fact that I've been running r45s's for about a decade now without any problems. Guess if I was going to have problems they should of happened by now?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom