Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Advice needed to mount shoulder harness clips on the seat back of a 69

69L88clone

Hello All,
I'm about to install shoulder harnesses on my 69.
I can't "feel" the holes through the seat back fabric. Are the holes predrilled at the factory under the fabric or do I make them when I mount the clips? If they are already there, can anyone tell me how far out they are from the hole for the headrest so I can find them
Thanks in advance
Jim

There are mounting holes and plates on the sides of the wheel wells even the cars that didn't come with factory shoulder belts.

Hello Vette Thunder,
Thanks for your reply but my concern is mounting the shoulder harness clips on the seat back. Are the holes already in a plate in the seat back or do I need to drill them in? If they are there, do you know the measurement for the first hole from the center hole that hold the head restraint?I can't "feel" them throught the fabric.
Thanks in advance.
Jim

There are mounting holes and plates on the sides of the wheel wells even the cars that didn't come with factory shoulder belts.

Nice pictures Duke94. Unfortunately, they won't help me. Mine is a '69 & the seat/shoulder harness arrrangement is different, with the harness sitting in a clip located on top of the seat.
But thanks anyway.
Anyone have a 69 setup out there that can help?
Jim

This will help you. Yes, all the holes are drilled. I did this mod to my 71' just last week. Took a couple hours for the whole job.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1357750&page=2&highlight=camaro+seatbelts

Hello All,
I'm about to install shoulder harnesses on my 69.
I can't "feel" the holes through the seat back fabric. Are the holes predrilled at the factory under the fabric or do I make them when I mount the clips? If they are already there, can anyone tell me how far out they are from the hole for the headrest so I can find them
Thanks in advance
Jim

Jim
Here's a picture of the driver's seat in my '69.

DSC_0863.jpg

The seat frames are drilled on both sides, because the driver's seat and passenger seat are interchangeable.

When I installed mine I used an ice pick to find the holes. Once you get close you can use the ice pick to find the hole. If you're off by a little, the metal base of the shoulder belt clip will cover it.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Happiness is a full tank of gas!:D

Hello Dave,
Thanks so much!!
Regards,
JIm
quote=1mollyd;842600]Jim
Here's a picture of the driver's seat in my '69.

DSC_0863.jpg

The seat frames are drilled on both sides, because the driver's seat and passenger seat are interchangeable.

When I installed mine I used an ice pick to find the holes. Once you get close you can use the ice pick to find the hole. If you're off by a little, the metal base of the shoulder belt clip will cover it.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Happiness is a full tank of gas!:D[/quote]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom