Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aftermarket rear sway bar location. HELP

BLACK MOON

Corvette
15 Shark Grey 3LZ Z06
I'm installing a VBP rear sway bar on my 63 and I need some guidance. Obviously rear sway bars weren't thought of in 63 because there aren't any holes in the frame to mount the bushings and brackets. The trailing arms are fine since I'm using 65 arms. Can someone tell me where the holes are located based on a 65, 66 or 67? I'd rather have a starting dimension rather than winging it.

Thanks guys.
Sal;help

I'm installing a VBP rear sway bar on my 63 and I need some guidance. Obviously rear sway bars weren't thought of in 63 because there aren't any holes in the frame to mount the bushings and brackets. The trailing arms are fine since I'm using 65 arms. Can someone tell me where the holes are located based on a 65, 66 or 67? I'd rather have a starting dimension rather than winging it.

Thanks guys.
Sal;help

OK, How about a photo of a stock rear bar and it's location?
Thanks again
Sal

Sal
I wish I could help, my car is on the ground with the spare tub mounted. Are you working on it now? I could snap some pics next time I've got it apart. What size of bar are you installing and what size is on the front?
Frank.

Sal
I wish I could help, my car is on the ground with the spare tub mounted. Are you working on it now? I could snap some pics next time I've got it apart. What size of bar are you installing and what size is on the front?
Frank.

Thanks Frank. I managed to get it on. There isn't much movement but we'll see. I went with a 1-1/4" up front and a 7/8" in back. I also have very heavy springs front and rear. It's very hilly and curvy gere and when i take the car out I drive it like I'm running from the police (sometimes I am).

Thanks again.
Sal

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom