Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ages of c4 owners?

47 here...I bought my first vette in 1976 at a ripe "old" age of 18...It was a 76 .... :D ......White with red leather........Disco!!!!! ;LOL

I was 41 when I bought my first c4 (91 white Conv./Blue top) because I loved the looks and the go factor for the price, and still get 26-27 mpg. I bought my second C4 (96 yellow LT4) 2 years ago, I'm now 45 BTW, because I still think its a great body line and I love the power and sleeper effect I have crusing down the highway. I meet C4 owners from 18 to 80 everywhere I go. Enjoy the car and the people ya meet. Everyone has a story to tell.

I'm 50, my '84 is my fifth Corvette. I bought it at a discount to rebuild. Previously I refurbish old British cars but decided in my old age to go back to my youth when all I drove were Corvettes.

I'm 48 and while I had the means to buy something newer, this LT4 took my breath away when I test drove it. Come to think of it, my test drive took the previous owners breath away too :L

27, and have owned my slut for 4.5 years. Including the cost of the car, and the mods I've done, I could have bought the c6 Z06. But at least my car has a soul.

I'm 41. Picked up my '88 "for a song" off a friend who was moving and couldn't take the car. I liked it so much I went out and dumped a bunch of bucks into a '96 LT4 w/64k and let my wife drive the 88 since she wouldn't get out of it anyway:D However, I did go with the C-4 due to the reasonalbe prices, but I expect them to go up in the future.

I was 40 when I bought my Vette in 2003, with less that 7000 miles on the odometer. I must admit when I bought it a C5 was an option, but all of the used ones in my price range had very high miles. Then, I went to look at a C4, in which the owner also had a C5. They were sitting side by side in his driveway, and the C4 held it's own in terms of styling. Then I sat in both, but the C5 did not give me the sports car feel that the C4 did. So buying a C4 is not a matter of just affordability, its also about how the car make you feel. Remember, from the C4 down, Corvettes had a unique style. When the C5 appeared, there were references to an over grown RX-7. Now that the C6 is here, some say it looks live a Viper. Also it's a shared platform; that new Cadillac. So back to the point, I rarely see young people in C4s because they like those SUVs.

Well I am definetly the outcast. It was two days after my 16th birthday that we went and picked up my 87, and I am 17 and will be 18 in August. Damn I'm spoiled. :L

:D I am 53 now and I have owned a 77,88 and 79 and in that order...I love the C-4 but I love the C-3 just a little bit more I guess...I own them both......

Yarls24 said:
I am 37, bought it 2 years ago. I don't see alot of young people driving c4's.

I see a lot of younger people driving F-bodies and Mustangs. Those and the rice burners. For the money that they put into those cars, they could very well afford a C4.

I was 43 when I bought my 94 coupe. Been thinking about trading it in on an 03 coupe, but the C5 just doesnt have that "sports car feel" like my C4 does. ;shrug

I am 50 and have wanted a Vette for about 30 years. I wasn't going to buy one last year, I was going to get one this spring. But last fall a friend of mine told me that he found one for me.

A girl going through a divorce borrowed money from her step-father and never paid him back. He had confiscated her 84 for payment of the debt. Being self-employed for 27 years, I had always needed a vehicle that reflected well on my business, so I had truck payments for 25 years!!!! Wear one out and start over again. So, needless to say, I am through with that game.

I was able to pay a very moderate sum for an 84 in great shape ($4000.00). So I can drive it if and when I want and not beat myself up having to make payments on a vehicle that I hope sits more than I drive it!!!

I mean that in a good way.....in saying I hope it sits more than I drive it....I mean that when I do take it out of the garage, it will be a very special occassion. Like for instance.....the summer solstice! Or maybe I want to view the aurora borealis with the top off......

Robert

I have dreamed of owning a Corvette all my life with the goal of having one before I turned 50. Beat it by a couple months this summer. Bought the best maintained, low mileage (46k), cherry, convertible I could find. The first one I looked at and it was love at first sight. It's a style that will never look bad.

33 just bought a 96 lt-4 collector's edition, bought all I could afford, but I love the car!

I'm 19 and in college and just bought my first vette, a torch red LT4. I bought it for $15,000 with 67,000 miles. I have wanted and saved for it since I was in high school and this christmas I was finally able to make the plunge. This is the first car I bought all on my own, with no help from my parents and it really feels, good. I write the checks for with a big smile on my face. I had a 2000 V6 mustang and while it was no slug, it just didnt do it for me. Most of my friends suggested a Z28 or a GT, but that just wasn't me. I love how the vette stands out, it definitely gets the attention more than other cars. Plus it is sooo faaasssstttt!!!!.

My 90 convertible was a 50th birthday present to myself!
I love the style of the C4's and never really thought about or considered a C5. My only regret ... I didn't do this 20 years ago. I don't think I will ever sell this car but I already know I am getting another by my 55th.
One's passion for a Corvette isn't measured by their age, but the youthfullness in their heart and life.

Got my first Vette, an '86, when I was 24.
Got my second Vette, an '89, when I was 31.

I was on the hunt for a C5, but my best friend has a sweet '94 Torch Red LT-1 6-speed that he'll sell *only* to me. :D That's a good friend ! :L I've decided to take him up on it and should have it in the next few weeks. I'm about to turn 33 and on Vette #3. Not too shabby if you ask me.

good mix

I guess there is a good mix of ages of c4 owners. that's good to see!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom