Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ANy other nice mods advice for a L98?

Nick90vetteguy

Corvette
1990 Polo Green Corvette
SO I have heddman headers on the vette, BBK 52mm throttle body, 24lb fuel injectors(new fuel rail) K&N intake filter, cleaned the intake plenum and runners platunum autolite sparkplugs 160 degree Mr Gasket thermostat. any other good advice for mods? I'm well aware the L98 is probably the last engine u should put money in, but I love mine :happyanim:

Thanks guys!

I'm well aware the L98 is probably the last engine u should put money in, but I love mine :happyanim:

Thanks guys!

I think a search will turn up more information than you will care to review.

I think a search will turn up more information than you will care to review.
Yup. We have been upgrading L-98 engines for 26 years. There is not a whole lot left to discover, but there is 26 years worth of info out there that simply involves clicking the search button, and researching.

I urge caution and honesty with yourself in this. The engine is a total package, some describe as an air pump. More air, i.e. bigger TB, cannot be used nor more fuel unless the engine demands it. Most likely, your ECM is adjusting the fuel pulse shorter to compensate for the increased flow of the bigger injectors.

I hope your headers are hot coated.

There's more than one owner whose car runs worse after modding.:w

I urge caution and honesty with yourself in this. The engine is a total package, some describe as an air pump. More air, i.e. bigger TB, cannot be used nor more fuel unless the engine demands it. Most likely, your ECM is adjusting the fuel pulse shorter to compensate for the increased flow of the bigger injectors.

I hope your headers are hot coated.

There's more than one owner whose car runs worse after modding.:w
caution and honesty: pretty perceptive. my '91 auto is gradually being adjusted back to the original, as far as performance goes. upgrades, whatever, don't excite me that much anymore, since '67 or so. just reaching the potential with stock items is a nice challenge. I often tell others that this car is the fastest thru the intersections without spinning a tire. not too much of an exaggeration.
as you say, the computer may adjust for the changes, and we never know.
that said, hopping up is fun, I reckon.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom