Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

B2K vs Z5G

jonstr

I just got the GM window sticker and build sheets for the Speedster. The 'B2K' option is not listed on either, however the build sheet shows "Z5G CALLAWAY CNVR", and both sheets show the 'ship to' as Callaway in Old Lyme, CT.

The option sticker under my console lid does say 'B2K', but I suppose its possible the lid was changed. I haven't checked it to see if the lid also has 'Z5G' yet.

What does 'Z5G' specify? I found it listed on an RPO list, but it just says 'Identification, Callaway Orders', and I'm not sure what that means. How does Z5G differ from B2K?

The lid is correct on my build sheet it does not list b2k either but ships to old lyme .That is the way it was done . Direct conversion car do not have the B2K on the lid because they were not factory ordered. B2K ON THE CONSOLE LID MEANS IT WAS FACTORY ORDERED. Z5G is the code for the Callaway options at the factory Callaway had specific parts that were for the B2K biuld.
I just got the GM window sticker and build sheets for the Speedster. The 'B2K' option is not listed on either, however the build sheet shows "Z5G CALLAWAY CNVR", and both sheets show the 'ship to' as Callaway in Old Lyme, CT.

The option sticker under my console lid does say 'B2K', but I suppose its possible the lid was changed. I haven't checked it to see if the lid also has 'Z5G' yet.

What does 'Z5G' specify? I found it listed on an RPO list, but it just says 'Identification, Callaway Orders', and I'm not sure what that means. How does Z5G differ from B2K?

Jon, I have to run out the door - but in the meantime, here is the quick version of what it is about: http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/Images/b2kbook/tt04.jpg

From the "Models" section: http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/Pages/B2Kinfo.htm

I hope this helps :beer

p.s. VIN # is on the SPI label, so it should be easy to detect if the console lid had been changed out :cool

~ C.

Thanks Chris. I do remember reading this now, but had forgotten the 'Z5G' designation.

The lid is correct on my build sheet it does not list b2k either but ships to old lyme .That is the way it was done . Direct conversion car do not have the B2K on the lid because they were not factory ordered. B2K ON THE CONSOLE LID MEANS IT WAS FACTORY ORDERED. Z5G is the code for the Callaway options at the factory Callaway had specific parts that were for the B2K biuld.

Thanks for the info. I can see that for the build sheet, but it seems like the window sticker should make some reference to the option, since the price on the sticker should include all the options, and is the basis for what the customer paid. Did B2K work differently? Maybe that was paid directly to Callaway and appeared on their window sticker? I haven't gotten that sticker yet, so I can't compare it.

I also found it humorous that my car was originally ordered with both tops. Seems kind of odd they ordered both tops with the car considering it was to end up with no top at all. :L

Thanks Chris. I do remember reading this now, but had forgotten the 'Z5G' designation.

Thanks for the info. I can see that for the build sheet, but it seems like the window sticker should make some reference to the option, since the price on the sticker should include all the options, and is the basis for what the customer paid. Did B2K work differently? Maybe that was paid directly to Callaway and appeared on their window sticker? I haven't gotten that sticker yet, so I can't compare it.

I also found it humorous that my car was originally ordered with both tops. Seems kind of odd they ordered both tops with the car considering it was to end up with no top at all. :L

Sounds like you ordered the Window Sticker & Build Sheet from the Natl' Corvette Museum (NCM) - If so, you are not the first person to have questions why the window sticker is not showing the Callaway "B2K" option :confused

Looking at the "Shipped to" portion at the lower left side of the Chevrolet Window sticker, you will see the Callaway, 3 High St. in CT, for the dealer shown for a B2K car. Callaway Cars, provided their own Monroney label (aka, window sticker) for the cars in 1990 and later, including the Speedsters :cool This decal/ sticker is NOT avail. from the NCM.

Again, I hope this helps :m

p.s. I saw C'vette Mike last week and chatted it up about your car - he was really fond of double-oh-seven :upthumbs

Sounds like you ordered the Window Sticker & Build Sheet from the Natl' Corvette Museum (NCM) - If so, you are not the first person to have questions why the window sticker is not showing the Callaway "B2K" option :confused

Looking at the "Shipped to" portion at the lower left side of the Chevrolet Window sticker, you will see the Callaway, 3 High St. in CT, for the dealer shown for a B2K car. Callaway Cars, provided their own Monroney label (aka, window sticker) for the cars in 1990 and later, including the Speedsters :cool This decal/ sticker is NOT avail. from the NCM.

Again, I hope this helps :m

p.s. I saw C'vette Mike last week and chatted it up about your car - he was really fond of double-oh-seven :upthumbs

Yes, these are from the NCM. Just so I'm clear, are you saying that the original Chevy window stickers did show the B2K option and (for some reason) the NCM reprints do not, or did B2K not show up on the original window stickers either?

Still trying to track down the rest of the documentation for the Speedster. It's proving to be a bit of a challenge... :mad

Yes, these are from the NCM. Just so I'm clear, are you saying that the original Chevy window stickers did show the B2K option and (for some reason) the NCM reprints do not, or did B2K not show up on the original window stickers either?

Still trying to track down the rest of the documentation for the Speedster. It's proving to be a bit of a challenge... :mad

Jon, the original Chevrolet window sticler and the one from the NCM would be printed the same - neither show RPO B2K and the associated equipment and costs. The only clue of it being a B2K on that paperwork, is in the Ship to box, it will show the Callaway Cars name and address.

A new Monroney sticker was done to go in place of that Chevrolet one - it would have EVERYTHING listed on it :cool

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Good luck with the search :cool

THE NCM JUST HAS THE BUILD SHEETS.WHEN YOU ORDER YOUR WINDOW STICKER THEY TAKE THE BUILD SHEET AND MAKE THE WINDOW STICKER.I KNOW BECAUSE MY CALLAWAY IS A ZO7 THE FX3 WAS PART OF THE PACKAGE.WHEN THEY DID THE STICKER THEY LISTED IT SEPARATE WITH A COST.PLUS THE COST OF THE ZO7.I HAVE THE ORIGINAL ONE ITS NOT LIKE THAT AND THE LIST PRICE WAS WRONG.
SO SOMEONE DECODES THE BUILD SHEETS TO MAKE WINDOW STICKER.THAT WOULD BE A VERY HARD JOB.TRYING TO TELL WHAT OPTION WHERE IN WHAT PACKAGES.THE NCM DOES A VERY GOOD JOB.
AND MY ORIGINAL DOES NOT SAY B2K BUT AS OLD LIME AS A SHIP TOO.

STEVE

The delivering dealer MAY have a copy of the Callaway add-on sticker which is the way they were delivered. Good luck and yeah, start the file on that rascal!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom