Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

BABY is finished & home............... YEAH!!!!!!

Thom
thanks.
yep, cruising time left in the HOTTEST, most HUMID time of the year! sheesh.......
;LOL

John
I still can't wait to see that beauty of yours - BB and top flight! :drool:

Hi qwik
I got a few hours worth............ ;LOL

but was up and had her out in the driveway giving her a good bath by 6:30am or so before it got too hot.
Now it's time to put a big fan in the garage and start cleaning the engine compartment, interior etc.

Hey Barry!!!!
Glad to hear Baby his home and your arm is doing well!! My apologies for not keeping in touch more. BUt I've been trying to keep track of your progress (car and arm!) on the forums here.
We've got a couple shows coming up in Sept. & Oct. if your interested. Let know.

By the way, Palmyra Day was a complete wash out. Good thing you couldn't make the trek up.

Congrats again and enjoy Baby, she's looking good my friend!!!!!!

Chris

PS. Love that vanity plate too!!

Barry, I think alot of us have learned the true meaning of patience from your down time with Baby, congrads my friend...now just enjoy, you deserve it.

Barry - congrats on getting your fine-looking MM 65 back in your own garage, looks awesome, of course. Nothing like a 65 Milano Maroon L76 homecoming ;) Hope to see it in person some day.

now about that "need to have my mechanic change the oil" thing - we're gonna get you working on that car yourself as our next mission - course then the questions will REALLY start to fly :D

Hi Chris
let me about the Sept and Oct shows and I'll see if I have those dates open.
BTW, Oct 2nd is the date of our vette club annual show in Wilmington if you want to cruise down for it.

Yep, the plate is very appropiate :)

Hi 65
the irony is that I'm probably the most impatient person on this earth! ;LOL

ctjackster said:
Barry - congrats on getting your fine-looking MM 65 back in your own garage, looks awesome, of course. Nothing like a 65 Milano Maroon L76 homecoming ;) Hope to see it in person some day.

now about that "need to have my mechanic change the oil" thing - we're gonna get you working on that car yourself as our next mission - course then the questions will REALLY start to fly :D

yeah, we are both a little biased toward Milano Maroon cars.......... :D
you are coming to Carlisle aren't you? you can see her than. I hope you are there so I can put my car next to yours and see how well PPG did on getting the shade of the paint correct.

I agree on needing to start doing at least the really basic work on the car myself but at the moment I'm not prepared - no proper jack or stands, or oil drain container, etc. For the immediate use of the car I just want to get the work done so I know it's right rather than having to start buying everything I need and learning - i've been without her for too long and just want to enjoy her which is the reason I bought her in the first place.
After this time though I do need to get some equipment and start learning how to do the maintanance stuff myself.
And yep, once that happens you guys will be sick to death of all the questions I'll have! :eyerole you may be the first to tell me to give up and just take it back to a mechanic instead! ;LOL

Barry,

Looks great, can't wiat to see it!

I agree with Andy, move the tractor to the other bay. And all of that stuff overhead on shelving.......you're making me nervous! Get some cabinets in the budget! The aforementioned curtains....I know it's "Baby's" room but Baby is a brute and deserves someting more fitting. :D
Now get off the stinkin' computer and get out in the garage already! :beer

Hi Terry

no way at all to move the tractor - not enough room on the other side with my wifes car. In the pictures it does look MUCH tighter than it really is - actually plenty of room in front of Baby for the tractor and wagon. The stuff on the shelves is going to get rearranged a bit.

gee, you saying you don't like Baby's frilly, girly curtains?! ;LOL

Congratulations! On having the 65 home and Vette 66 Air Coupe, you took the words or keystrokes away from me. Barry, lets get the 65 ready for the road the summer is wasting away!

Ray

Oh Terry, now that Baby is home, let me know when is a good time for you to let me put the car up on the lift - the underside needs some serious cleaning! :)

Hi Ray
I'm cleaning her this weekend and she is going into the shop Mon or Tues for 2 days or so for all the maintanance stuff than I'll be enjoying the h*ll out of her. :)

Barry the car looks great, Love your web site too!!!!!
Kevin.

Barry, Your car looks great and I love your web site too !!

Kevin

Barry,
I just saw the video. (Been busy with other things.) I couldn't see your smile but I know it was there! Those side-pipes sound very nice. Gives me ideas that I had before....But not this year. Paint is so dear.

Paul
yep, big smile on me at the end :)
my wife does all the video stuff here and the editing. I told her she could cut it when I pulled in and turned it off but she insisted on having it run until i got out and she saw the smile

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom