Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brodix IK200 heads and Intake

Bill75

Corvette
75 Coupe ZZ4, Brodix IK-180's, Headers,TK0-500
Got myself in a little pickle.............I bought some Brodix IK200 heads for my ZZ4 and discovered the intake ports are so large (2.19 x 1.31) that my alum. bow tie intake is WAY to small to fit. (1.88 x 1.13).

Someone suggested to me to get a Weiand 7525 manifold if I can find one so I could still use my Q-Jet. Single plane manifold I guess and will work OK for street use.

The other alternative is to see if Summit will take them back for IK180's which have smaller ports and use my intake.

Has anyone run across this, and how did you solve the intake issue?? I'd like to keep the Q-Jet setup.

Thanx

How about the Edlebrock Performer Intake manifold? You can still use the QJet...

The performer manifold is just about the same exact size as the GM. Someone told me GM may have them make it with their logo.

The intake hole in the Felpro 1206 gasket that fits the Brodix is almost bigger than the manifold itself. If you put it up against the GM maifold you can see daylight.

Hi John,
Thanx for reply. Yeah, that's what my thoughts have always been too, I just don't know what to do here. These heads have huge intakes in them, one I had bolted to the block in a few places so they're marked at the bolt holes, don't know if I can return them.

Any ideas what would fit these and still fit under the hood?

You would be much happier with the 180 head.See if you can send them back.

Just saw your post. So do you have the 180's and can I run the Q-Jet on them? What intake.

Thanx

No,im not running them on my car.Generally 180cc intake ports are as large as you want to go on a street car.A larger port will be lazy(no velocity)at lower RPM's.Sorry but i can't think of a solution to your intake problem,I'm sure an Edelbrock Performer would bolt up to the 180 heads and fit under the hood.

Thanks for the replies..........I've decided to exchange them for the 180's.

Bill

Just wondering... What was wrong with the aluminum heads that came with the ZZ4 motor?

Nothing really, it just seems to run out of steam and doesn't have the guts I expected so I thought I'd see if I could make it breath a little better, these have 1.6 valves so that should help too, I also changed the cam.

The ZZ4 is really a great motor and it runs like a clock I would not be discouraged by any of my comments about it's performance. I used to have a BB in a Chevelle years ago that would scare the hell out of you and I think I still have that feeling in the seat of my pants:D :D .

Like I told someone else, I hope I don't screw up this motor.

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom