Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 installing windshield glass into frame

K-Y Jelly is water-based and water soluble so I doubt it could damage the gasket. In all likelihood, it has evaporated by now!

Hi Larry! Long time, no see!

-Mac

k-y jelly is water-based and water soluble so i doubt it could damage the gasket. In all likelihood, it has evaporated by now!

Hi larry! Long time, no see!

-mac
thanks mac, i agree. I just didn't want to take the whole thing apart, clean it and put it back together. I took the clamps off and everything seems pretty solid.
Dh

thanks mac, i agree. I just didn't want to take the whole thing apart, clean it and put it back together. I took the clamps off and everything seems pretty solid.
Dh
I can't say I blame you. Welcome to the CAC, by the way!!

-Mac

i can't say i blame you. Welcome to the cac, by the way!!

-mac

thanks for the welcom! I do have another problem, i can't get the top molding to snap over the front of either side pillar. I need to walk away from it and take a breather before i break something.
Dh

thanks for the welcom! I do have another problem, i can't get the top molding to snap over the front of either side pillar. I need to walk away from it and take a breather before i break something.
Dh
I know that feeling too well. That's why I always put the hammer away as soon as I'm done with it! :chuckle

-Mac

:w I sent you a PM where is the rest of the gang
A few of them drifted away... Some to other forums, some gave up on forums... Some are just not as active as before...

-Mac

John. Great information. I want to give this a try on my 57. Very clear a detailed advice. Do you have a preferred windshield gasket manufacturer you can recommend.
Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom