Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Stereo Rebuild Service??

Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)
Okay, this is technically not a C5 question but since the head unit on my Monte Carlo is the same (sans Bose) I thought you guys might be able to help me.

I see ads everywhere for rebuild services for C4 radios, does anyone know of anyone doing this for C5s yet. I know they're still pretty new so I'm not holding my breath but I'd really like to get my MC radio rebuilt, it hates all of my CDs. :(

Hi there,
Factory authorized service repair facility is Model electronics, in New York, Nanuet, I think.
I do not have the number, however, they are listed.
Besttoyou, c4c5:hb

Thanks Paul! :)

- Eric

Nothing worst than a unfriendly CD player. When you say it hates your CD's do you mean CDR's? Michael

That sucks. Does it not play your CD's or does it spit them out. Does it do it to all of your CD's. Are they CDR's. This could be the reason. Some CD players don't like CDR's.

When I say it "hates" them, I mean it takes them in and chews (clicking 5-10 times) before deciding if it wants to play it or not. This is true for all CD formats. A number of CDs that play perfectly in my home player, discman, pc, other 2 cars, skip like a 7 year old girl playing hopscotch when played in the Monte. It also regularly spits out CDs that are left in it when the car is started. These problems first began about a year ago and have gotten progressively worse since then. I guess time is my enemy.

I think it's just a matter of it being a heavily used system as my wife and I commute 2 hours daily and listen to nothing but CDs - the car has 6 years and 84k on it.

Have you ever cleaned the laser. This wouldn't cause the problem, but I had a CD player spit CDs out or wouldn't play them and I cleaned the laser and it started working again. I thought it was weird, but it worked. Just a thought. I figure it may be something you want to try since you tryed everything else.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom