Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5's In The Snow

Attention: The following post contains words and picture that could offend some Vette owners. Reader discretion is recommended.

To me it all comes to money. Give me enough money and I will buy a new Vette every springs. I would drive it all summer and into the winter. Then I will sell it at the following springs and buy a new one.

I guess I’m a victim of my Vette addiction. I cannot drive any else than a Vette. As it says in my signature; ‘I drive a Vette or I stay home’. Therefore, I need a Vette for all circumstances.

I have been driving Vette as daily driver for the past 20 years. My C4 is 300,000 miles. I have been driving her all year around since I bought it 10 years ago.

Why should I not drive it? There is no reason. Why should I suffer of driving a machine with poor brakes, no handling and no power? Not my style. I also drive the C5 when road are clean a dry.

I just wait to have enough money to buy a C6 for my C5 to become my winter beater.

Here are the two sisters. Sorry, the C5 was temporary outside.
33920492031.jpg

On a frozen river. Opps! Did I say when road a clean and dry?
ValleyfieldGlaceS2020020-19-02-2005-11.JPG

After a ride, I put her on jack stand and pressure wash from the top to under the car. For an obscure reason, she keeps calling me for a ride
33920391630.jpg

We are all the owner of our toy or jewel. I do highly respect the Vette owners who do not even drive their car when it rain. I would like to be like that, but I just cannot resist to the power passion call. We all have the choice and this is our decision. As long we are happy with our choice this is fine. Are we not in a free world?

Remo said:
Until one of these guys slides into you during a "white out"- then he'll immediately earn one of those "labels".

Remo:cool

Apparently you missed the "mature response" comment that I commended G Winter for.

I could just as easily slide into someone else in my beater 4x4 S10. Around here it's more likely that I'll be hitting an Merc S500 then a Vette. And if someone hits me, well sh*t happens.

I've got a "label" for you, but forum rules perhibit me from sharing it. :D

vette747 said:
Attention: The following post contains words and picture that could offend some Vette owners. Reader discretion is recommended.

To me it all comes to money. Give me enough money and I will buy a new Vette every springs. I would drive it all summer and into the winter. Then I will sell it at the following springs and buy a new one.

I guess I’m a victim of my Vette addiction. I cannot drive any else than a Vette. As it says in my signature; ‘I drive a Vette or I stay home’. Therefore, I need a Vette for all circumstances.

I have been driving Vette as daily driver for the past 20 years. My C4 is 300,000 miles. I have been driving her all year around since I bought it 10 years ago.

Why should I not drive it? There is no reason. Why should I suffer of driving a machine with poor brakes, no handling and no power? Not my style. I also drive the C5 when road are clean a dry.

I just wait to have enough money to buy a C6 for my C5 to become my winter beater.

Here are the two sisters. Sorry, the C5 was temporary outside.
33920492031.jpg

On a frozen river. Opps! Did I say when road a clean and dry?
ValleyfieldGlaceS2020020-19-02-2005-11.JPG

After a ride, I put her on jack stand and pressure wash from the top to under the car. For an obscure reason, she keeps calling me for a ride
33920391630.jpg

We are all the owner of our toy or jewel. I do highly respect the Vette owners who do not even drive their car when it rain. I would like to be like that, but I just cannot resist to the power passion call. We all have the choice and this is our decision. As long we are happy with our choice this is fine. Are we not in a free world?

Glad to see you enjoy your Vette. Obviously with 300K on the 84 you drive alot. You get 2 thumbs up from me!:upthumbs

coolhandluke said:
Ok guys it’s your money your vette, I am cool with that. :beer

I know you're against snow driving Cool, but this is the kind of commeraderie that keeps me coming back to this forum.

Cheers mate! :upthumbs

PreacherNutshot said:
I know you're against snow driving Cool, but this is the kind of commeraderie that keeps me coming back to this forum.

Cheers mate! :upthumbs

No Problem, and Thanks
For the complement.

:beer

MsSchroder said:
Remo knows the topics which push people's buttons. I think it is his little mischevous streak that rears its head this time of year :D

Ya' know... I think I saw this same thread LAST YEAR around the time the snow fell!!

vette747 said:
Attention: The following post contains words and picture that could offend some Vette owners. Reader discretion is recommended. http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk146YYUS

33920391630.jpg

\

OMG! The "plate: is priceless :)

I know more about what will damage a car and what won't then you could ever fathom. I would bet my bottom dollar that I put more blood and sweat into my car care in one night than you do all year.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dont assume what you dont know. I know more than a few body shop people, and people who do detailing who can show me exactly what salt and cold does to a car/fiberglass. A Vette with 300K-hmmmmmm. A VETTE is SPECIAL and "I" shall treat it as more than the every day beater/rustang. Otherwise it becomes exactly that. Nothing special.

PreacherNutshot said:
Apparently you missed the "mature response" comment that I commended G Winter for.

I could just as easily slide into someone else in my beater 4x4 S10. Around here it's more likely that I'll be hitting an Merc S500 then a Vette. And if someone hits me, well sh*t happens.

I've got a "label" for you, but forum rules perhibit me from sharing it. :D

Chill Preacher - I'm going to start another contraversial thread soon, titled "what's the best oil filter for a C5"? I'm sure you'll have a "mature repsonse" on that subject as well. Meanwhile try not to hit anyone with your S10.

It's all good

I'm lucky enough to live in an area with no snow... so no problem driving year round (we just have to tie them down occasionally for hurricanes to make landfall :) ). But... I drive it everyday as long as weather and safety permits and would do the same in any climate. If I deemed it safer to drive something else due to climate I would. IF I drove it in snow then I'd keep it clean as possible but I do that anyway.

I'd say it's a personal choice and I respect each individual's decision on the matter. I'd expect the same consideration shown me. I don't have a right or a need to judge someone else over when or how often they drive their Corvette. It's really none of my business, is it?

JMO

:w Jane Ann

We have been fortunate this year as the snow has been minimal and quickly gets off the road. I am excited for spring though as I am hoping to get my Vette painted. Previous owner had it painted but something got into the paint and made whet looks like a water mark. I almost think the paint got contaminated by water in the air line.

Originally Posted by MsSchroder
Remo knows the topics which push people's buttons. I think it is his little mischevous streak that rears its head this time of year :D
Remo said:
Chill Preacher - I'm going to start another contraversial thread soon, titled "what's the best oil filter for a C5"? I'm sure you'll have a "mature repsonse" on that subject as well. Meanwhile try not to hit anyone with your S10.

:rotfl

Remo said:

Remo

I'm quite chilled Reamo, but thanks for your concern.

Way back in my pre Vette days when I was first out on my own, I had just joined the USAF and managed to get a place off base. 17 miles away mind you. :ugh The Summers in New Mexico were hot and the only thing I could afford was a motorcycle. I recall the first day the cold set in and it started snowing. I had no garage either so out I went to scrape the snow off the seat, kickstart my bike and ride the 17 miles to work in the snow. Yep, I was crazy :W but you can’t just Not show up for work in the military. I did that for the entire first Winter. There wasn’t always snow but it was damn cold.
My point is, you gotta do what you gotta do to survive. If I had a Vette back then, what do you suppose I would have been driving? :cool

DebC504 said:
A VETTE is SPECIAL and "I" shall treat it as more than the every day beater/rustang. Otherwise it becomes exactly that. Nothing special.

Amen!!! That is why I drive it EVERYDAY!:D

Rain. Sleet. Snow....(all within reason!) I drive her.

Why because driving my Vette makes me happy.:_rock
Driving my Vette home... seeing my wife... and then my dog. Those are the highlights to my day. Driving my vette- a depreciating asset- frees me from treating it like an investment (an investment that goes DOWN over time). That is okay. This isn't the best or last Vette I'll ever own.

The great thing about life is change. You get older, your wife gets older, the dog gets older... eventually, all things on earth pass. So. I'll enjoy my Vette for the time we are together. I refuse to look back and say "Gee, I wish I drove my Vette more..."

My job already keeps me away from my wife- how much must I suffer? Must I drive only on sunny days? What about the days I'm not happy- my Vette is one of my silver linings- do I say "no- there is a little rain... I can't enjoy it for fear of getting water spots..."- do I?

Did anyone see TOY STORY? What fun is it for the toy that never gets played with?

If you want a museum piece- buy a second Vette and store it. Don't let anyone touch it. Don't ever let anyone sit in it. And for Pete's sake- don't ever drive it!

But everyone has their point of view... if you want to prepare yours for inheritance- have at it. I respect you for your dedication!

DarkShark78 said:

Driving my Vette home... seeing my wife... and then my dog. Those are the highlights to my day. Driving my vette- a depreciating asset- frees me from treating it like an investment (an investment that goes DOWN over time). That is okay. This isn't the best or last Vette I'll ever own.

The great thing about life is change. You get older, your wife gets older, the dog gets older... eventually, all things on earth pass. So. I'll enjoy my Vette for the time we are together. I refuse to look back and say "Gee, I wish I drove my Vette more..."

My job already keeps me away from my wife- how much must I suffer? Must I drive only on sunny days? What about the days I'm not happy- my Vette is one of my silver linings- do I say "no- there is a little rain... I can't enjoy it for fear of getting water spots..."- do I?

Did anyone see TOY STORY? What fun is it for the toy that never gets played with?

If you want a museum piece- buy a second Vette and store it. Don't let anyone touch it. Don't ever let anyone sit in it. And for Pete's sake- don't ever drive it!

But everyone has their point of view... if you want to prepare yours for inheritance- have at it. I respect you for your dedication!

Very well said!
36_15_5.gif
I agree at 350 hp!

DarkShark78 said:

Exactly DarkShark. I drive mine cause it makes me feel like a million bucks. It is my throttle therapy. I drive and the smiles just pile up. There is nothing like cruising in your Vette while listening to your favorite CD and dusting the occaisional Mustang. I am like you DarkShark. I bought my Vette to drive not let rot in the garage. Keep on cruising!!:_rock

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom