Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Uncovered Photo's

Is it a true Corvette

• Yes

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • Sort of

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • maybe

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • don't know

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • don't care

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • I'm keeping my C5

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Very nice. I like it too. This is the first uncovered C6 photo I've seen anywhere. Now to see the headlights and wheels.

Doc

IMO, if you catch the car from any angle but dead ahead, then yes it looks like a 'Vette. However I still think the nose looks too much like a Miata. :) I guess the final judgement will have to be held until we can see a road worthy example.

Jason

Love the new car..

Looks awesome yet it doesn't totally date the c5..

Works for me and when it has a 500hp Z06 with dual clucth sequential shift technology I'll be thinking long and hard whether to buy one.

From seeing these early photos..I believe Corvette will stay among my favorite sports cars in the world...

Actually, I like it quite a bit. The rear end and the hatch glass both have nice definition to them.
I like the fixed headlamps for the following reason: the C5,4,3 will give people who like the hidden lamps a good reason to buy a used one.
I will say that they need to do something with the front fenders. There is too much resemblance to Viper, Miata, etc.

Although I don't want to join the legions of "the C6 looks like ..." croud, I must admit that I notice the slight resemblance to the C12. Perhaps what we see is the result of many years of improved breeding. Sports cars are, at there core, street legal race cars with different approaches to achieving the basics: plenty of air into the engine compartment, lighting to see the road ahead, reasonable aerodynamics, and much, much more of course. As technology improves and as our knowledge of what works best expands, the design alternatives for obtaining the maximum results actually narrow to include certain design charateristics. Fortunately, it does not actually come to a single point - a single design. From what I can see of the C6, it is IMO a unique, Corvette heritage influenced, contemporary design that I look forward to parking in my garage someday.

0205vet_charity03th.jpg

c129.jpg

dsc00413.jpg

It looks good so far.I can't wait to see what 400= hp. feels like in a convertible.One thing I do agree with some of the guys here.,,..If I owned a C5 I wouldn't rush out to change it for a C6.There way too many similarities and besides the horsepower there isn't much to rant about.....YET!!!!......good job for the guy who took the pics.

Re: c6

myron said:
I keeping my c5.

Good for you! It's great that so many love their vettes (c3s, c4s, c5s - whatever) and will be happy to keep them. Good for me, because I am hoping not to have to pay big dealer-gouging mark ups.

Longtimer:
I have a question for you. What are the blue and red cars in your message?
I appreciate your comments. You really put into words something that is very emotional (the sports car driving experience.
I am much more excited about the C6 than I was about the C5.
No matter how much technology there is in a car, you must FIRST be excited enough visually in order to want to sit in the bucket seat.
Kudos to GM for maintaining the Corvette heritage. To think we almost lost this car back in 1992. If it wasn't for people like Jim Perkins, we certainly wouldn't be on a website talking about this.

Yeah, it's a Corvette alright. But, there just isn't any WOW there. The back end looks a lot like the early C4's. The side vent looks clunky next to the C5's. The front end... well, enough has been already said about that. Well, maybe it'll be cute in baby blue or pink.:D

Nice pics...

I like the rear side marker running light.
I wonder if this will make the 2003 left overs at the dealerships any lower in price...is there ever such a thing?......might be a good time to get a better price for one. I still dont care for the fixed lights....seems like there stripping her of her identity....just me.

Sure it looks a little bland . It's just a white fiberglass shell . An Electron Blue paint job , mirrors , trim , some nice chrome mags with big ol tires and an upgraded interior will have us all panting like dogs . You'll see ! Cliff..... And thats not even mentioning the POWER !

danl72 said:
I think it looks good. It could have been worse.
I gotta agree with Danl72! A man of few words!

ill be keeping my c5 i dont really care for it one bit. If i was in charge of making that car it would be a revived c2 all over again but im not so we get that THING!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom